What's your new role about?
DAZN has signed an agreement with Infront and the European Handball Federation (EHF) and EHF Marketing (EHFM) to manage and exploit worldwide media rights to their events for the next 10 years (2020-2030) and take the lead role in defining and managing all aspects of content production and distribution.
EHF and EHFM organize and operate the ‘pinnacle’ of European handball competitions. This project is about ‘transforming the sport’, establishing handball and the EHF competitions as a leading sports property on the global sports market.
A key component of the deal will see the DAZN/ Infront EHF Content Production Team define and deliver a content plan to drive up the value of the rights for EHF key competitions and events.
Our highlights creation is being driven by an Artificial Intelligence (AI) platform created by WSC Technologies. We are looking for an Assistant Producer to control the creation and publication of content using this technology.
- Deliver relevant and amazing content for broadcasters and digital channels.
- Grow our distribution network and wake the world up to handball's best property.
- Innovate with content & technology.
You will be based in our Madrid office, so it is essential, due to the nature of the hours on occasion, that you can arrange your journey to and from work outside of public transport hours.
The role is full time and will require flexibility as the hours will include evenings and some possible weekend work.
We are an international company and your English CV is required during the application.
Please send your CV and any supporting documents in English – many thanks!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Monitor all content created by the WSC tool and ensure it meets with DAZN’s high standards
- Use editorial judgement to create individual clips that will be of interest to digital platforms
- Participate in the development of the tool
- Have overall responsibility for publication of all content to the relevant broadcast/digital platforms
- Take the lead in the creative process for future content, proactively bringing new ideas and opinions to the table
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- First rate, demonstrable knowledge of European handball
- You will need to be a handball fanatic as you will be required to monitor hundreds of handball matches each season
- Excellent editorial judgement appropriate to content requirements
- Experience in sports content creation
- Fluent in English and Spanish
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- An awareness of the delivery of multi-format programme files
- Excellent attention to detail
- An active interest in data editorial and handball statistics
- Ability to work under pressure and hard deadlines
- A determined, confident and proactive approach
- Ability to analyse requirements or problems and lead the proposal of the solutions
- An up-to-date knowledge and interest in digital and social media marketing tools and techniques
SPANISH BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- We’re currently working on our benefits package, but this will include 22 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.