What's your new role about?
Do you want to work in a truly global role within a fast-paced digital business? Here is your chance to drive our international marketing activity to bring customers to DAZN & make sure we keep them!
The Head of Marketing Planning sits within DAZN’s central marketing function and has overall responsibility for the management and implementation of our internal and external planning processes across all of DAZN’s territories – from Japan to the US.
You will manage the delivery of DAZN’s internal planning activities to help define and implement the strategy for each market across the full subscription funnel, from prospect demand generation through to customer acquisition and ultimately customer engagement and retention. This will encompass marketing and distribution partners’ efforts to promote the DAZN.
Working closely with our agency partner’s global team in London, our in-house digital media buying and creative teams, you will manage and evolve the planning process for key campaigns across each of DAZN’s markets. You will help ensure that our local markets have access to key insights and best practice to maximise their campaign effectiveness.
As part of this process, you will focus special attention on DAZN’s key campaign periods in each market to help coordinate campaign briefings, assess agency responses and acting as a catalyst to ensure we are producing integrated campaigns that will deliver against our brand and business targets.
You will also play an active role in the planning of our media activity in potential new markets to launch DAZN’s offering, ensuring appropriate agency and internal resource are in place to deliver successful campaigns.
You’ll be part of a central planning team, with colleagues working on research, marketing analytics and effectiveness. As daily part of your role, you will collaborate closely with our in-market marketing teams and help them in delivery world class marketing campaigns.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Head of Marketing Planning, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Partner closely with local market and central stakeholders, including media and creative, to refine our integrated planning process and calendar for key campaigns
- Act as a central point of contact on key campaigns to help coordinate the production of cohesive, integrated and effective reach and acquisition media campaign plans
- Share best practice across our markets to ensure learnings and the outcomes of tests are acted upon
- Define the central agency scope of work and support the development of local market agency scopes to ensure teams are structured appropriately to deliver the desired service levels
- Contribute to defining and integrated measurement approach for campaigns which considers full funnel performance
- Work closely with DAZN’s Research and Effectiveness teams to identify key audience and media insights from which to define our media strategy and tactics in each market
- Run central marketing initiatives for global role out, including full collaboration with market leads to roll out comms plans consistency across each territory
- Ensure our agency and other planning tools are being used consistently and accurately to inform and optimise campaigns and future buying strategies
- Oversee our agency productivity analysis, identifying opportunities to drive media efficiencies and boost future ROI
- Work with our Partner Marketing team to develop a holistic view of all DAZN direct and indirect activities during key periods
- Coordinate content and delivery of internal marketing function planning meetings, aligning with and contributing outputs to wider business planning processes and functions
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Extensive experience with agency or in-house media planning and buying, including ATL and digital acquisition channels
- Understanding of international media markets
- Strong communication skills and experience working within an international, matrixed organisation
- Ability to work cross functionally and with stakeholders of every level up to C-suite
- Familiarity with market research and econometric modelling results
- Enjoy working in a fast paced and collaborative team
Even better if you have:
- An interest in sports and the media/OTT landscape
- Experience working with or within a digital subscription business
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.