What's your new role about?
As a Cloud Engineer at DAZN you will develop and maintain a reliable and highly available cloud platform used by development teams across four international centres and customers around the Globe. From developing the account provisioning and identity management systems to improving container clusters and serverless patterns or raising the bar on SecOps tooling and integrations. You will spend your days coding automation, architecting new solutions, responding to issues raised on the Platform or simply using dedicated time to work on that cool idea you’ve been wanting to put in practice.
We are passionate about building a Platform that supports DAZN’s Global presence by making the best use of AWS services, opensource tools and our Engineers’ ingenuity!
Our core tech stack includes Golang, AWS, Docker and Terraform, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We’re mostly a remote team, spread across three countries, with only occasional office visits (post-covid) so we can get together, socialize and meet other people in the flesh.
Watch our video on Platform Engineering at DAZN here
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Write code, not just YAML or config files
- Design new Cloud architectures
- Work with large scale Cloud deployments, containers and serverless applications
- Improve our security processes and tooling
- Participate, be heard, influence and make a difference
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- An intimate understanding of AWS cloud design and operation
- A sound knowledge and experience with containerised or serverless workloads
- Coding experience (any language, like Golang, Rust, NodeJS, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Experience with event-driven / asynchronous designs
- A considerate, inclusive and team player spirit
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS
- Kubernetes and ECS
- Experience with Golang to a good proficiency level
- Knowledge of Azure and/or GCP
- Understanding of OAuth/OIDC/JWT and AuthN/AuthZ in general
- SRE concepts and their practical application
- Understanding of live broadcast technologies is a massive advantage
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.