What's your new role about?
(PLEASE SEND RESUMES IN ENGLISH)
Would you love to go to work and oversee compelling content that awakens the passion and emotion of every sports fan? Does working for the largest global sports streaming platform and growing the programming output sound like an exciting opportunity made for you?
DAZN launched in Brazil in May 2019, and we have a vacancy for a talented, creative and fresh-thinking Head of Programming to lead the programming and content output for the Brazilian market.
Reporting to the EVP Content and Operations America this role requires a strong communicator (with Portuguese and English language skills) and excellent people leader who understands how to create passionate, emotional and engaging sports content to manage the production and post production of live sports events such as Copa Sudamericana, Serie C, to name a few, as well as oversee highlight packages, features, interviews and original programming. An understanding and ability to utilize data for proper planning of production levels.
Working with the EVP Revenue Brazil and their leadership team, and with guidance and support from central departments, you will play a critical role in managing the programming strategy and creating an engaging and satisfying content experience for our sports fans.
Your ability to establish and maintain relationships across a spectrum of collaborators, from rights partners to suppliers to internal stakeholders, is of key importance. If you are a creative content creator, and consider your communication skills as one of your most valuable assets, we want to hear from you!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Responsible for the overall management and performance of programming for DAZN Brazil, you will enable the output and editorial leads to produce great content that engages the audience
- Establish and uphold high quality production values across all DAZN programming content
- Build and maintain
- Work closely with heads of creative, publishing and marketing to deliver assets from productions that fit their needs
- Have a commitment to, and proven experience in, training and coaching your team
- Work closely with the Global Content functions to oversee the development of live event production, including smart utilization of global resources and identification of potential synergies across the wider business
- Responsibility for large strategic initiatives with an understanding of how to set up, organize and run complex projects and report on/present the results
- Ability to understand data and react to analytics
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Fluent in English and Brazilian Portuguese
- 5+ years of programming experience in the sport and/or entertainment industry
- First rate knowledge of sport, entertainment and culture in the Brazil market
- Experience in a live production environment
- Proven ability to work effectively with production teams and key stakeholders
- A good understanding of the technical processes involved in Live Sports broadcasting and program production (short and long form)
- Demonstrable experience programming sport or other content to maximize audience metrics
- A clear understanding and passion for the changing media landscape and the opportunities that brings to sports broadcasting
- Available to spend long periods in Miami, at least the first 6 months.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of the sports media and new media industries
- Additional language skills
- Experience overseas or for international companies
- Passion for sports
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2500 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
BRAZIL BENEFITS INCLUDE…
For now, we offer market competitive benefits, such as Parking or Transportation vouchers, meal voucher, health, dental and life insurance for you and your legal dependents. We’re also currently working on our benefits package to even more competitive with the market.
You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere and great office will add up to your experience working with us.