What's your new role about?
Be at the heart of the DAZN growth story as the business partner to the Central Marketing & Partnership teams. The role offers strong exposure across the Group for a talented and motivated commercial finance professional who is ready to make an immediate impact.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to build out a new role supporting Marketing and Partnership teams with the development of new acquisition channels and optimisation of trading strategies across all nine markets.
You will be ready to share ideas and thoughts around best practice, drawing on your relevant experience to date. You will be currently working for a direct to consumer business and have the ability to prepare financial models to support marketing and partnerships as well as report, evaluate and summarise key performance metrics.
DAZN already has significant partnerships in place, such as with Docomo in Japan and Sky in Italy, however there is more to do and several key growth areas have been identified. As a result, it is essential that we have a structured approach to engaging with partners and implementing deals, so they can be replicated quickly and efficiently. You will be a key part of that process.
As a streaming business we have a vast amount of raw data at our fingertips. Finance, and you, have a role to help the business draw out insight from key KPIs across lifetime value, cost per acquisition customer health, brand (amongst others), as well as help assess which routes to market show the best return on investment and then allocate spend accordingly.
Key to your success will be your ability to work across and coordinate central and local teams, as well as getting into the detail to draw out insights and concisely present your findings.
There is substantial growth potential here for you, though this will directly depend on the quality and impact of your insight and recommendations.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
Primary revenue business partner to the central marketing and partnership teams
Both build and review business cases for new partnerships and marketing campaigns. This will involve:
· Evaluation of return on investment metrics and impact on acquisition and retention, stating key assumptions, decay curves used & sensitivities
· Agreement of financial and non-financial KPIs, and how these will be tracked
· Estimating the benefits to partners with robust and clear assumptions stated
· Partner with central and local marketing and finance teams to help plan and evaluate country specific campaigns
· Consistency of format and presentation which will be replicated across the business
Work closely with the FP&A team to ensure local finance and management are ‘signed up’ to future benefits, to be captured in the next budget / long term planning cycle.
Establish a partnership and campaign investment review process and reporting mechanism, including a key stakeholder communication plan. You will then ensure insight & lessons learnt are included in future proposition development.
Support marketing with the definition and dissemination of key KPIs, ensuring they are consistently reported, represented and understood across the central and regional teams where appropriate. You will:
· Provide the executive team with deeper insight into primary business KPIs such as lifetime value and cost of acquisition as well as customer health and brand metrics
· Use Tableau and work with Data and Insight to find the most effective ways of sharing information
· Own the definitions of the DAZN routes to market
Help with optimising spend across different routes to market. This will include:
· Assessing the trade-off between cost per acquisition and long-term value
· Finding the right balance of spend between brand awareness and direct response
· Making recommendations on the split of spend between partnerships and media
In collaboration with the business and Data and Insight, set up and maintain a schedule of key workstreams and KPI reporting requirements to ensure reviews are not constrained by a lack of foresight / data availability and are automated as much as possible
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent, a 2.1 degree with significant business partnering experience
- Experience in customer acquisition modelling, decay curves and long-term value calculations (or comparable) in a direct to consumer business model
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Ability to analyse and breakdown complex and sometimes ambiguous data, and then concisely summarise the information to various business audiences to drive decision making
- Have a positive can-do attitude, enjoy taking responsibility and engaging with multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable with multi-tasking across several projects concurrently with strong attention to detail
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience of working in a streaming business
- Department: Finance
- Reports To (title): VP, Group Financial Planning & Analysis
- Career Level: CL4
- Country and Location: London, Hammersmith
- Hours of Work: 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: No
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2500 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.