What's your new role about?
Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and making an immediate impact? Love all things sports and want to rise to the challenge of helping to build the world’s most exciting sports media tech company? If this sounds like a perfect environment for you, then this is a fantastic opportunity to be an integral part of the strategy team at DAZN!
As Manager/Assistant Manager - Strategy, you will provide significant contribution to strategic decisions within our fast-paced and incredibly dynamic business. In this varied role, you will be involved across both current strategy projects, and identifying and implementing new propositions for the market. You'll also support the Strategy team by providing and utilising market intelligence/research and data analysis, challenging current thinking/processes, and devising solutions to existing and new business challenges. Given the breadth of the role you will work cross functionally with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll be a highly commercial person who loved to have their fingers on the pulse of the Japan consumer and subscription market and understanding the market-level potential impacts on business performance. With your curiosity, you’ll be able to use your insights and analysis to drive strategic planning and operational change.
As our new Manager/Assistant Manager - Strategy, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Research and analyse Japanese sports media market
- Work with stakeholders across DAZN to deliver and shape the group’s commercial strategy
- Assist in the preparation of materials for rights holder meetings and presentations to potential commercial partners
- Assess existing rights portfolio and long-term objectives, working with the stakeholders to adapt as required
- Assess Market and competitors assessment
- Strategize Pricing and Programming strategy
- Assess effectiveness of partnerships and ideate new ones
- Develop a deep understanding and intimate knowledge of the local market and commercial landscape; encompassing broadcasters, OTT players, Telco’s, Platforms and Content Partners
- Perform analysis on key subscriber trends and changes. Work with the data science teams in market where required to complement these analyses with statistical studies or deeper dives
- Work with the local market to input into and produce weekly / monthly / quarterly business reports
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Strong experience in either a Tier 1 Strategy Consulting firm, Investment Banking, Professional Services or In-House Strategy/Corporate Development team
- Demonstrable experience of utilising strategic analytical skills, including market situation/trend analyses, economic and P&L modelling and forecasting
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously and with cross-functionals stakeholders including marketing, content, operations, and business development
- Excellent communication and organisational / collaboration skills with ability to work in a matrix type structure
- Structured working methods as well as a solution-oriented and pragmatic approach to solve problems
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
Even better if you have:
- Experience in media or technology business
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.