What's your new role about?
Are you interested in shaping the future of live sport? Do you want to work with some of the biggest sporting rights in the world such as Bundesliga and UEFA Champions League? DAZN is looking for a multi-disciplined and talented hands-on Creative Director to join our newly formed DAZN Global Marketing Creative team. This role is to lead specifically on the marketing output in our DACH region (German, Austria and Switzerland). DAZN is the most disruptive business to hit the sports broadcasting landscape in decades and by joining the DAZN Marketing creative team as a creative leader you will be instrumental in pushing this forward.
Your background to leave your mark in this role? Simply put, you are a creative problem solver, ideally experienced operating in agency and broadcast environments. You’ll be curious and open-minded, with a track record of overseeing, orchestrating and amplifying integrated 360 campaigns across print, television, video, online, outdoor, experiential and social media. As the DACH regional Creative Director you will infuse inspiration and creative thinking across the regional business and this newly founded team.
This role is based in Munich.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 30 days’ annual leave, annual performance-related bonus, pension contributions up to 3%, Ticket Plus flexible voucher card, a family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for mobile working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Creative Director - DACH (m/f/d), you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Develop innovative marketing experiences that excite fans and promotes DAZN as the home of the best live sport in DACH.
- Have a strong creative vision with a clear and concise ability to provide direction across the business.
- Think across all platforms and channels, creating a simultaneously unified and tailored approach across each channel; providing consistency and creative sharpness across all channels including BAU comms, such as on platform, DAZN CRM channels and key partner marketing channels like Apple, Playstation etc.
- Be understanding of the evolving world of digital marketing and how to optimise creative for online channels.
- Elevate and inspire the creative output from the newly created internal Marketing creative team, to ensure campaigns meet the highest level of creativity, innovation and quality. (The global team comprises of creatives, editors, motion, brand designers and producers)
- Effectively lead on the development of multiple creative assets from key art to display banners.
- Comfortable directing major sporting talent for live shoots and voice overs.
- Form strong relationships with all key internal stakeholders and be comfortable presenting creative ideas to senior executives across the business.
- Be confident in achieving buy-in from varied voices in the company and comfortable defending the creative when required.
- Form and develop relationships with external rights holders/promoters and third-party production partners, gaining their trust through the quality of the work.
- Be able to work with both small and large creative teams made up of both staff and freelance creators.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with other local market CD’s, tapping into their local knowledge when required.
- Fluency in both German and English.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- An in-depth knowledge and passion for sport in mandatory.
- Significant working experience at highly respected creative agency and / or broadcaster.
- Strong portfolio of work showing creative invention.
- Track record of outstanding script and copywriting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinking and approach.
- Happiest at the sharp end of production.
- A good understanding of digital products and interactive entertainment.
- Proven ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to upholding high standards with impeccable attention to detail.
Even better if you have:
- Good contacts at production and other content creation companies.
- Sound computer literacy and experience using the most commonly used software packages.
- Comfortable building beautiful presentation decks.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.