What's your new role about?
How would you like to lead our 24x7 1st line support team? DAZN is seeking an experienced Operations Leader to join the Global Live Operations team to lead DAZN’s 24x7 monitoring and triage DSC team. This acts as our single point of contact for platform monitoring, incident management, and technical triage, in a state-of the art support centre focussed on incident prevention, impact analysis and lightening quick incident notifications.
Your team is key in ensuring that the DAZN platform and product is available 24x7x365 to our customers, providing service availability, platform stability and continuous service improvement. Although we need exceptional live and on demand streaming, your operation will also encompass Sign Up, Sign In, Payments, My Account, Pause and Cease – operations that impact our revenues directly.
We’re a dynamic, evolving ‘live’ environment where things are hectic at times but what a rewarding feeling it is when you are at the reins of transmitting seamless major sporting events across the globe! So, if you’re also a bit of a chameleon who enjoys adapting to changing business needs, cultures, conditions, and work responsibilities, then this could be the role for you!
Your leadership, excellent communication skills, agility, clarity of thought to see the key issues quickly, develop the capability of the team, and attention to detail will inspire confidence in our executives and stakeholders in our Customer Experience, Commercial, Finance and Marketing functions through ensuring we deliver an exceptional performance and continually drive improvement to help our customers, and to set the bar high through benchmarking, well thought-through KPIs and targets and inspiring their delivery through building capability in your teams.
Due to our live sports schedule, you need to be flexible in terms of working hours, including nights, weekends, national and public holidays.
This role will be based on site in Leeds.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community including enhanced parental leave, electric vehicle benefit option, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Head of Live Operations, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Create the strategic plan to manage and develop the DSC to deliver seamless 24x7 Support.
- Account for the delivery of all DAZN services ensuring high levels of operational performance and availability that meet agreed Service Level Agreements, including the management of dedicated support resources.
- Define the DSC support strategy in conjunction with senior stakeholders including working practices, tools, and methodology.
- Line management of DSC team of 3 x Team Leaders, and 20 Support Professionals.
- Focus on career development & mentorship of your staff as well as undertake performance reviews and develop PDPs.
- Plan and execute incident management runbooks.
- Build strong internal and external relationships with operational and technical teams, including vendors.
- Focus on ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure clear, concise, and lightening quick incident communications are triggered to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage budgets for DSC including staffing budgets and the CAPEX budget for DSC hardware and monitoring requirements.
- Be a key stakeholder for CAB (Change Advisory Board) and provide technical reviews to work with Change/Release Management.
- Have ownership of onboarding of new services, by setting requirements for monitoring, run books that ensures the DSC can support effectively.
- Be responsible for executive level Stakeholder Management.
- Own Problem Management and reporting for the DSC.
- Own and expand Continual Service Improvement.
- Drive best practice, innovation, excellence, proactivity, and incredibly responsive capabilities; enabling our customers to have the best customer experience
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Proven experience of leading a technical 24/7 operations department.
- Flexibility and willingness to support a 24x7 global operation via office based 24x7 role.
- Must be available on-call outside of office hours as a point of escalation to handle major incidents.
- Have a broad technical understanding of monitoring tools having knowledge and exposure with distributed systems across hyper-scale, AWS Cloud-based environments like Lambda, ECS.
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical thinking, quantitative and analytical skills, while under pressure.
- Good communication skills and proven senior stakeholder management.
- Proven experience with Vendor Management
- Working knowledge of ITIL Incident, Problem, and Change Management components.
- Demonstrated broadcast experience and understanding of broadcast systems/technologies.
- Hands on experience of working with IT Service Management tools such as Service Now.
- Excellent problem resolution, judgment, negotiation, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; with a special focus on customer/client level interaction.
- Ability to balance competing demands for resources and adapt to changing priorities.
- Hands on experience in working with monitoring/logging tools like Check Mk or Nagios or Pager Duty or Datadog or New Relic or ELK or Conviva.
- Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures such as Enterprise Server Platforms and related IT architectures and equipment.
Even better if you have:
- ITIL Certification
- Knowledge of version control systems like Git etc
- Knowledge of Confluence/ JIRA
- Knowledge of Configuration Management – Puppet and or Ansible or Terraform
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.