What's your new role about?
Are you capable of driving the revolution of how live sports are viewed in the Japan?
Customers today demand their entertainment on their terms – to watch wherever, whenever and however they like – on any device, at any time, with no ongoing contracts and at a more affordable price. DAZN stands at the forefront of this revolution and our opportunity is immense. But live sports broadcasting over the internet is not easy. We cannot achieve all of this alone. That’s why we have developed DAZN for Operators, a best-in-class partnership programme to collaborate with Pay TV operators, mobile carriers and ISPs to make DAZN easier to find, quicker to subscribe to and better to watch. By working together in partnership, our joint customers can enjoy the benefits of accessing DAZN via our partner’s set top boxes, simplified registration using their operator credentials, paying for the service on their existing bill and experience superior streaming quality. They may also enjoy special promotions and offers from their provider. The result is a win-win-win. An improved experience for customers, greater reach for DAZN and increased revenues, acquisition or retention value for operators. We are looking for an individual with exceptional communication and relationship skills to manage the strategic partnerships built with the largest telecoms operators in Japan, and to ensure the maximum possible results in terms of the acquisition, engagement and retention of sports fans. You will be highly analytical, able to operate in the fast-paced and time-pressured environment of live sport, able to see issues from all angles and to take responsibility for making key decisions and implementing solutions. You will have experience in long term account planning and project management and be comfortable with meeting high financial and operating targets.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
• Take responsibility for the daily working relationships between DAZN and its ISP, Pay TV and mobile carriers’ partners in Japan
• You will take responsibility for delivering the best possible results within each partnership focussed on the core KPIs of new customer acquisition, subscriber engagement, retention and win-back
• You will lead regular business reviews with each partner to assess opportunities for improving our joint performance and ensuring that both partners are achieving their corporate objectives, whilst delivering exceptional experiences to sports fans
• You will be the conduit between the DAZN and our external partners to ensure that they are aware of and communicating our most high-profile events, aligned with our key marketing messages and staying true to the core DAZN brand principles
• You will liaise daily with the local content and marketing teams to ensure that DAZN is taking full advantage of these distribution channels and not creating conflict between direct and indirect channels
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
• Exceptional ability to communicate and build trusting business relationships
• Ability to both plan for the long term and make calm, rational decisions under pressure
• A highly analytical approach and to make decisions informed by data
• Ability to see the bigger picture
• Comfortable working in a quantifiable, target-driven environment where results matter
• Fluency in Japanese
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
• Experience of working in the telecoms or technology sectors, ideally within content distribution
• Experience of working with or for leading digital content services such as Netflix, Amazon, Rakuten, Hulu, Spotify, Google Play or Apple Music
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.