What's your new role about?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in 9 markets including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, USA, Spain, and Brazil. Since we launched 3 years ago we have streamed more than 300 million hours of content!
The Developer Experience (DX) team
works on tools and resources to make development efficient, easier and engaging. DX teams are accountable for the success of their engineering counterparts rather than directly for the main product of the business.
The DX team is distributed across our development centers (currently London and Amsterdam).
In order to succeed as a DX engineer you should have empathy for the needs of your fellow engineers: they are our final users.
One of our motto's is: "Don't make me code". It sums up the fact that we want our fellow engineers to focus on their important work rather than repetitive tasks or things that can be automated or simplified.
We are looking for developers to join our Developer Experience Team, who are passionate about developing modern, scalable applications, focusing on building tools for our colleagues to achieve an awesome developer experience. The DX team is responsible areas such as: our bespoke CLI, CI/CD pipeline, observability/monitoring tooling, onboarding and much more.
Our current tech stack is diverse and includes: Nodejs, TypeScript, Golang, AWS, Docker, Terraform, Serverless, React and it's always evolving.
Here's what you will do (not all of it, just the important stuff!)
- Build and enhance our CI/CD pipeline, writing tools to provide fast, stable builds across our entire tech stack
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers to help them deliver compelling user-facing products
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business
- Constantly seek out opportunities to improve our developer experience
- Deliver maintainable, robust and testable code
You've got to have these essentials to do your job well...
- Familiar with cloud infrastructure
- Passionate about automation, efficiency, scalability, and developer tools
- Confident using the command line
- Empathy and desire to improve efficiency of fellow engineers
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to others
- A love of writing testable software
- Understanding of all aspects of software delivery (from designing to development, code review, testing, and operations)
It would be great if you had these desirable skills/experience too...
- Experience with AWS, Docker
- Experience with other languages or technologies
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with Bash
- Experience working on large scale web applications
- Leverages and contributes to open source
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/