What's your new role about?
As an Editorial Assistant at DAZN, you will be responsible for writing short, interesting descriptions to accompany our live and on-demand sports content.
Ideally suiting a sport-obsessed graduate with experience of writing, the role is key in the timely publication of content for our viewers across Canada (key rights include the NFL, Premier League and UEFA Champions League) and the US (key rights include Matchroom Boxing, Golden Boy Boxing and Bellator).
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Writing the descriptions which accompany DAZN’s wide array of live games and feature content, across both the Canada and US platforms.
- Selecting and updating imagery for each content tile.
- Checking the metadata behind the tiles – for example, that content is attached to the correct sport and competition.
- Carrying out the visions of the Canada and US Chief Editors, through effective tile placement, imagery, headlining, and maintenance of rails on both the homepage and individual sports pages.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- A passion for, and knowledge of, a range of major sports
- Demonstrable experience of online sports writing.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU HAVE..
- Fluency in either French or Spanish.
- Experience of Adobe Premiere
- Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance and pension contributions up to 5%.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.