What's your new role about?
Are you an Executive Producer, interested in joining DAZN in our next stage of progression? We are expanding our programming output within key markets in both live and post programming. It is a period of exciting growth and we are looking for the best journalists to help us achieve our goals.
As Head of Formats, you will lead all aspects of the OTT output within the DACH Market and lead our new “Formats” department, reporting into and working closely with, the SVP Production & Editorial DACH.
On a day to day basis you will lead all output of the new founded department. The new formats will require varying levels of production, ranging from daily programs, 3rd party deliveries and big shows. You will also oversee all cross-functional deliveries and be the key conduit to all internal and external stakeholders.
If you are a proven team leader, strong manager of people, and consider your communication skills as one of your most valuable assets, then this could be a great chance for you to lead and inspire the new team. Your ability to establish and maintain relationships across a spectrum of collaborators, from other rights partners to suppliers will be key, as well as building a relationship for strong collaboration within all DAZN OTT and Portals departments.
If you are interested in leading the new Formats team by your example of how to create world-class production output consistently in a well-organised professional team environment, then this could be the perfect next step for you!
Benefits will include 30 days annual leave and upon passing probation, will be able to enrol into our private pension scheme provided by Allianz. You will also have access to DAZN, an annual performance related bonus, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As Head of Formats for DACH you will have the opportunity to
- Lead the Production team, and recruit top talent
- Manage and implement OKR's and PDR processes with your team
- Work as part of the leadership team to create and implement a team atmosphere and encourage the sharing of skills and knowledge
- Be responsible for the delivery and quality of output from the Formats team
- Lead strategies for customer retention and reducing churn
- Build relationships with key stakeholders within product in DACH and Globally
- Oversee all financial aspects of production, contracts, budgeting and reconciliations
- Scope out projects, managing budgets, timelines and schedules across integrated projects
- Negotiate and obtain best rates and deals for any third-party service providers and external facilities
- Maintain clear and effective reporting systems including music and image licensing
- Ensure accurate contracting of freelancers and ensuring costs are controlled efficiently
You'll be set up for success if you have
- Experience and proven track record of successfully managing a production team within Broadcast or Agency
- A comprehensive understanding of production processes across all media
- Experience producing shows and shoots to broadcast standards
- Experience working with commercial clients to tight production deadlines
- Comprehensive knowledge around licensing of artistic material across all formats and locations within agreed timings, and artist’s rights
- Experience working on sports content
- Experience working with localisation in a global capacity
- Fluent German and English language skills
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.