What's your new role about?
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
As a Data Modeller / Warehouse designer at DAZN you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes). Specifically, through helping with the delivery of reliable, timely, and consumable data for operational use, downstream analytics, data science, and machine learning.
You will take ownership of the implementation and delivery of data models, schemas and architecture that help us to deliver against our business requirements. This role will be initially covering the current platform with a drive to implement more enhanced and structured best practices. This role will be a demanding one as DAZN seeks to be data driven in everything it does, however, the reward will be in enabling rapid business insight that influences a fast-moving technology company.
You will have knowledge of data engineering and analysis techniques to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and to incorporate these needs into technical solutions.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Understand and translate business needs into data models on our cloud-based data platform
- Create and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality
- Develop best practices for naming conventions and other data engineering artefacts to ensure consistency
- Drive delivery of a data catalogue and become a champion of metadata management across DAZN
- Analyse data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Guide business analysts, data engineers, data scientists and the wider teams on best practices for database design and usage
- Work iteratively as part of a high performing Agile delivery team.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Highly developed knowledge of design principles specific to a Data Warehouse, including handling of history, batch and streaming architectures, support for slowly changing dimensions, and techniques for addressing performance issues
- Familiarity with modern data engineering technology stack (Airflow, AWS, GCP, Snowflake, DBT)
- Experience in creating and owning data models, data flow diagrams and other related artefacts
- Proven record of capturing requirements from stakeholders and challenging their assumptions
- Experience in developing best practices for naming conventions to ensure consistency and quality
- Experience in analysing data-related challenges and proposing appropriate solutions
- Working knowledge of visualisation tools e.g. Tableau or Power BI
- Strong communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Strong delivery capability – able to get things done and perform under pressure.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.