What's your new role about?
Is your next career move to lead a team of Android developers and drive the development of high-quality Android apps to help enhance user experience and grow DAZN's OTT platform?
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans. Our new Hyderabad tech hub will be the engine that drives us forward to the future. We’re pushing boundaries and doing things no-one has done before. Here, you have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen - to make a difference for our customers. When you join DAZN you will work on projects that impact millions of lives thanks to your critical contributions to our global products
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting-edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This role will be based in our brand-new Hyderabad office. Join us in India’s beautiful “City of Pearls” and bring your ambition to life.
- Designing and implementing new features for our Android TV application, improving, and maintaining the existing codebase, collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure the app is high-quality and performs well, and writing clear and concise technical documentation.
- Requirements for the role include a bachelor's degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in Android app development, strong experience in Android TV development and design principles, experience with video streaming.
- Familiarity with Kotlin and Java programming languages, knowledge of software design patterns and best practices, and strong communication and collaboration skills.
- 4+ years of experience in Android Development using Java/Kotlin
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, Android flavors and Android ecosystem
- Strong command over Android design principles, platform's advantages & limitations.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns
- Experience with consuming RESTful web services
- Experience with push notification integration, deep linking etc.
- Experience with the latest development paradigms like functional and reactive programming
Good to have skills:
- Knowledge of cloud-based services like AWS and GCP.
- Working knowledge of Video streaming and playback
- Knowledge of modern programming paradigms like functional and reactive programming.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.