What's your new role about?
In this role of PR Manager, you will execute a broad communications strategy for DAZN in Brazil. The ideal candidate is passionate and knowledgeable about a variety of sports and incredibly well connected; you are equipped and excited to spearhead communications campaigns, autonomously with passion and creativity. You will use your deep knowledge of sports media to help prioritize support as well as devise and execute publicity consumer and business audiences alike.
You understand how the press works and what is important for sports fans. You know how to shape and deliver campaigns, events and run a press office function in a way that resonates with different segments of the media and how to best engage with them to tell DAZN’s story and drive awareness, press coverage, and subscriptions. You will have experience working with agencies and will have run successful initiatives for a major brand or sports property either in-house or at an agency.
You are able to make smart decisions, even when faced with ambiguity, think strategically and are eager to put a new spin on what a sport campaign can be. You can articulate what you are - and are not - trying to do. You are a good listener and a real doer, and able to multi-task and work at a clip pace.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Establish & continuously evolve DAZN’s PR strategy in Brazil
- Develop and maintain relationships with local, national, and regional media
- Identify opportunities, generate ideas for media coverage, and pitch them to appropriate media outlets
- Research and write media releases, statements, press material, press kits, presentations and briefing materials for spokespeople
- Plan and implement press conferences, speaker opportunities and media hosting events
- Manage PR agencies and other related agencies
- Manage crisis and issues with key stakeholders
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Fluency in English
- Excellent writing skills in both Portuguese and English
- Existing relationships with key media across sports, tech, business, consumer
- Excellent sports knowledge, news sense and editorial planning
- Proven ability in campaign planning
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- University degree or equivalent in Public Relations or Communications
- 8-9 years’ experience in Public Relations agency or client side in sports or entertainment
- Previous experience managing PR for an: agency, sport, digital, mobile, media, entertainment, lifestyle, or brave CPG brand
- Experience working in an international environment / global organization
- Passion for sports
Here's a little more about us…
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in five territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, US, Canada and Japan on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles. We’ll be launching in Spain and Brazil early 2019.