What's your new role about?
This newly created role will allow you to help shape our content partnerships in Brazil as we launch our sports streaming service into the Brazilian market.
We’re going to change the way that Brazil consumes sport. Our unique product and leading set of rights are debuting to Brazilian sports fans in 2019.
You’ll be responsible for helping the VP manage our relationships with other media companies, local rights holders, event promoters and independent producers. You will work closely with the VP and all areas of the business in helping shape the local strategy for live and on-demand content and help oversee our content distribution efforts with other media companies. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to executing our Original Content strategy, a brand new area of focus for the company as a whole. You’ll be comfortable in a fast-moving, commercial environment, and be approachable and professional in working across the DAZN business and in daily communications with our partners.
You’ll be able to help identify potential partners locally and provide ongoing management of these partnerships to drive growth and customer engagement.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Partner with the VP to identify and negotiate distribution partnerships for DAZN-produced or acquired content, including Original Content (DAZN Originals).
- Take a proactive approach in overseeing all aspects of our Original Content production process, from executing the strategy to help manage and liaise with all necessary internal and external stakeholders thereof.
- When aligned with strategic direction of the business, manage/execute sublicensing arrangements for DAZN-held live rights to third party broadcast networks or social/free-to-air platforms in Brazil.
- Coordinate with relevant internal stakeholders across Production, Operations, Marketing, Sales and Finance Teams to ensure all agreed deal terms are achievable, vetted properly and ROI to business is properly assessed and measurable.
- Develop presentations on DAZN, its content strategy, and upcoming programming slate to deliver to prospective partners during the deal-making process.
- Once partnerships are sourced and executed, oversee content delivery process and deal implementation.
- Account manage partners, identify upsell opportunities, and monitor partner progress against established KPIs.
- Collaborate with Content Team to vet third-party Original Programming acquisition opportunities and assess programming fit, relevance to current DAZN audience, and evaluate costs.
- Liaise with Social Media Team to develop DAZN’s content strategy for social media, including VOD and Live content, with a keen focus on reach and building brand & event specific awareness.
- Cultivate close relationships with regionally based rightsholders and broadcasters, keeping a pulse on the state of the industry, maintaining a rolodex of close industry contacts, and being keenly aware of when relevant new potential distribution platforms emerge.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS (DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW?)
- Bachelors’ degree.
- 3-5 years’ hands-on experience in digital or broadcast content licensing partnerships, having negotiated commercial contracts. Experience working in a sports industry and buying or selling sports content a plus.
- Excellent network of contacts and relationships with key personnel at Brazilian broadcasters, digital and social media platforms, and rights holders.
- Comfortable dealing with vague and ambiguous situations, extremely motivated and able to work to very tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and contribute in a team environment.
- Comfortable presenting to senior management and articulating ideas in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and written.
- Strong commercial awareness with a keen interest in current media consumption trends; solid understanding of the inner workings and business models of the different types of digital media platforms, sports broadcasters and leagues.
- Spanish language capability a plus.
- Department: DAZN
- Internal Job Title: Manager, Content Partnerships
- Reports To (title): VP Rights and Content Partnerships
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: Rio de Janeiro or São Paulo - Brazil
- Hours of Work: 40
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.