What's your new role about?
Do you want to be part of a team that engineers a global product that’s used by millions of users daily?
DAZN is one of the fastest growing OTT companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries. Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content!
A BIT ABOUT YOUR TEAM:
Teams are typically made up of around 5-8 Engineers, a Product Manager, Scrum Master and an Engineering manager. Our team are a group from various and diverse backgrounds, we don’t have any hierarchy within the team as everyone brings something different and has different experiences and knowledge.
The Player Engineering teams own the front-end playback experience for DAZN. As a crucial part of our product and a key part of the customer experience they are a very important part of the DAZN team. The team work on a broad range of features from how players handle drops in bandwidth, to how customers interact with the player. We are driven by data and use it daily to make decisions about what we do.
We work across 4 streams of work,
- Test & Release: Managing our end-to-end testing suite and owning our release process.
- Look & Feel: Owning how our customers interact with our players, working with our design team.
- Core Player: Building and supporting the low-level player features, working with our Video Architects.
- Player Extensions: Building and supporting the features that are built on top of the player to help increase engagement and revenue.
Here's what you will do
- Build and maintain the playback experience across a variety of devices for DAZN, delivering fully tested features regularly.
- Pair with and support the other engineers in your team and in other teams to solve playback related issues and add features to our players.
- Work closely with our product team to understand priorities and timelines, helping to break down larger pieces of work into manageable deliverable chunks.
- Maintain our player solution and understand the data whilst supporting as part of our on-call process.
- Work closely with stakeholders outside the team to manage releases and make improvements to our process.
You've got to have these essentials skills to do your job well…
- You have worked on live applications with a continuous feature development and release cycle.
- You care deeply about testing and automation.
- You have experience of working in a team that owns or works on a business-critical service, tool or product.
- You have experience of working in an agile process where engineers are invested in continuous improvement, both of the process and the code base.
- You are self-driven and able to direct your own learning. We cover a broad, but niche area of the web where there is a huge amount to learn.
It would be great if you had these desirable skills/experience too
- Experience working on or with web player technologies. We will teach you what you need to know, so please don’t be put off from applying if you haven’t worked in this area before.
- Experience working on TV platforms or games consoles.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.