What's your new role about?
From Canelo Alvarez and fight sports in North America to Serie A in Italy to J.League
in Japan and much more. All in a day’s work.
A brand-new opportunity for a Head of Consumer & Content Strategy to help define and deliver our long term strategic content strategy has arisen. You’ll have the chance to provide significant contribution to strategic decisions within our fast-paced and incredibly dynamic business.
You will be responsible for setting the valuation for all DAZN content across current market strategy projects, identifying and implementing the content strategy for new market launches. You will support the VPs of Commercial Strategy by providing and utilising market intelligence/research and data analysis, challenging current thinking/processes, and devising solutions to existing and new business challenges. Given the breadth of the role you will work cross functionally with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Your innovative and consultative mindset will provide you with an objective view on the marketplace, our position within it and the opportunities that exist. You will relish working in a fast-paced, agile environment alongside a strong team of industry experts. You’ll embrace a challenge and can thrive in this broad and pacey new role by always being ahead of the game.
Regrettably, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this role so you must be eligible to work in the UK on a permanent basis – UK / EU citizen or ILR.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Create a new valuation framework for all content types from live right to original content
- Make recommendations to the DAZN management based on the valuation framework
- Work with stakeholders across DAZN to deliver the group’s commercial strategy
- Help shape and define DAZN’s overall content strategy to maximise engagement with customers
- Current markets:
- Assessment of own content portfolio, working with stakeholders across commercial and content teams
- Market and competitor assessment from a content perspective
- Pricing strategy for different content scenarios
- Programming strategy for all our live rights and original content
- Taking learnings from across markets to ensure best practice is followed across all DAZN markets
- Long-term strategic direction for all our content investments
- Working hand in glove with our rights team to ensure content decisions are proactive and not reactive
- Identification of key rights for future markets for DAZN
- Research and analysis of those markets to create compelling content propositions
- Support the assumptions underpinning the financial modelling of these countries
- Work on the optimal strategy for market entry including rights, production and other content
- Support the crafting and execution of DAZN’s content strategy for a market from inception
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- A minimum of 5-6 years’ experience in either Tier 1 Strategy Consulting firm, Investment Banking, Professional Services or In-House Strategy/Corporate Development team
- Experience of valuing a broad types of content, including sports and other media
- Demonstrable experience of utilising strategic analytical skills, including market situation/trend analyses, economic and P&L modelling and forecasting, scenario planning, go to market / roll out plans and operational feasibility assessments
- Strong analytical capabilities with a track record of strategic development and implementation planning
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in the sports media industry
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- An understanding of a wide range of international markets
- Experience in media or technology business
- Bachelor’s degree or similar qualification
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance and pension contributions up to 5%.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.