What's your new role about?
Join DAZN’s global engineering team where you will have the opportunity to get involved in and influence our global broadcast systems implementations. In your dynamic role, you will get stuck into a variety of projects including identifying technology solutions, testing and implementing new technical systems, and supporting projects through to go live.
If you share our passion for new and upcoming technologies for live television and are interested in using your skills and knowledge to deliver projects to a high standard, then you will be right at home in our broadcast engineering team! You’ll be working on high profile technical projects such as transition to IP and cloud services.
If this sounds like a challenge you would love to get involved in, then we would love to hear from you!
The broadcast systems engineering team at DAZN reports to our broadcast engineering manager and is split across our London and Leeds offices. Although primarily office hours based, the team may need to work outside of these patterns as required by projects. This is however balanced by more flexibility than would be found in a normal shift based role. Hard work has great payoffs in this role as you will get to see your work and ideas become a vital part of the DAZN infrastructure.
This role can be based in London or Leeds.
Benefits will depend on your location but will include access to DAZN, an annual performance related bonus, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Broadcast Systems Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Set up and configure systems to meet project requirements
- Work with other teams to design and test solutions and new workflows
- System acceptance test planning and execution
- Document and train on new and legacy systems
- Capacity plan for future growth
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Ability to plan configurations and set up new technical systems
- Confident and accurate written and verbal communication
- Knowledge and experience of broadcast standard concepts and implementation
- Experience of IP video on multicast networks – for example, Protection, RTP flows, 2022-7, 2110
- Experience configuring cloud-based services for media – for example, AWS, Azure
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of network switching and routing
- Experience with technical change control processes
- Knowledge and experience of Transport Stream concepts and implementation
- Experience with IP OTT headend and encoding
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.