What's your new role about?
If you are looking for an exciting step in your broadcast engineering career? As DAZN expands globally, this is a great time to join our team in Bangor to Supervise our Broadcast Engineering team who support DAZN's broadcast infrastructure and operational teams to deliver live sports content at a high standard to consumers on multiple platforms.
This team provide engineering support to our playout of multiple live OTT events, WTA production, distribution, including satellite downlinks. In this role, you will take a leadership role and support to the on-shift team, assigning work tasks and managing deadlines. You will still be close to the exciting technology, and will act as the technical lead and communicate with stakeholders during incidents.
This is a great opportunity to use your knowledge of the platforms that support the live delivery of video. You will work on fault finding, documentation and reporting to drive all aspects of service improvement to minimise down time. You'll also gain great management skills as you mentor, manage ability and run training of junior colleagues to improve the consistency of support to the product.
Building on experience in this role can provide future progression opportunities within the wider engineering and engineering management departments. So if this sounds like a great next step in your Broadcast Engineering career then we would love to hear from you!
To be transparent, the nature of this role will include working shift patterns to ensure senior cover is provided to the business 24/7 365. The senior engineers cover key events and busy times in resourcing which are often in antisocial hours.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?
- Act as main point for technical escalation and fault management
- Ensuring faults are investigated to root cause and promoting ideas to mitigate down time
- Delegating tasks to engineers with clear required outcomes and timescales
- Coordinate the planning/ deployment of resources and engineering staff
- Leading the engineering team to achieve the highest standards
- Develop and oversee the preventative and corrective maintenance including change control
- Set preventative maintenance tasks
- Ensuring documentation is relevant, accessible, up to date
- Assist in setting/ monitoring and participate in appraisal reviews
- Driving a proactive ‘can-do,’ ethos in the team
- Representing the department at internal and external meetings to improve systems and process
- Requirement to be on-call (as part of a rota) to provide senior support 24/7
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WILL HELP YOU DO WELL?
- Knowledge of broadcast playout systems and associated equipment
- Experience in management and troubleshooting of multicast IP networks
- Knowledge of networking and routing
- Server support and maintenance
- Awareness of current OTT encoding technologies
- Video standards and compression
- Working under pressure to resolve issues during live broadcast
- Willingness to work unsocial hours, including evenings, weekends and public holidays and be on-call
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Scripting, coding and software development experience
- Broadcast system solution design knowledge
- Understanding of Broadcast production equipment and infrastructure
- Budgeting and financial awareness
- Interest in sports
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.