What's your new role about?
As Associate Legal Counsel DACH (m/f/d) , you will provide legal support to all parts of the DAZN business in the DACH region, which includes commercial, intellectual property, competition, data protection and regulatory matters across various jurisdictions (with assistance from external counsel, where necessary). You will work under the direction of the Senior Legal Counsel (DACH).
This is a fantastic opportunity for a media and/or commercial lawyer to move into one of the most exciting and fastest growing businesses in the sports industry.
As our new Associate Legal Counsel (m/f/d) , you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Negotiate and draft major sports rights deals in DACH
- Negotiate and draft distribution agreements with partners in DACH
- Pick up and lead the legal support on important projects for the DACH business
- Negotiate and draft high value contracts with technology service providers in DACH
- Provide legal research on German case law and EU regulations
- Oversee DAZN’s compliance with applicable broadcasting and data protection law
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Relevant work experience as a lawyer qualified in German law with above-average state examinations
- Having trained at and subsequently worked in a highly successful and recognized commercial team either in private practice, or a strong in-house team in the media or IP/IT sector
- Experience of copyright licensing, whether relating to the acquisition and/or distribution of content and wide range of commercial and/or technology services contracts
- Experience with data protection law to ensure compliance with GDPR and other European data protection requirements
- Excellent technical legal skills, especially first-class drafting and interpretative abilities
- An excellent ability to write and speak German and English
Even better if you have:
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a willingness to operate out of your comfort zone
- Ability to quickly learn the strings in for you still unknown areas of law
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.