What's your new role about?
Are you passionate about making the best use of AWS services and building highly available cloud platform?
We are looking for experienced Engineers to join our Cloud Engineering Team.
The Cloud Engineering Team is responsible for all of our cloud infrastructure: from developing the account provisioning and identity management systems to improving container clusters and serverless patterns or raising the bar on SecOps tooling and integrations.
As a Cloud Engineer at DAZN you will develop and maintain a reliable and highly available cloud platform used by development teams across four international centres and customers around the Globe. You will spend your days coding automation, architecting new solutions, responding to issues raised on the Platform or simply using dedicated time to work on that cool idea you’ve been wanting to put in practice.
Watch our video on Platform Engineering at DAZN:
Our main tech stack includes Golang, git, AWS, Docker, Terraform, Lambda, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We’re mostly a remote team, spread across three countries, with only occasional office visits (post-covid) so we can get together, socialize and meet other people in the flesh.
Please note: in this role you can either work in our office in Katowice or remotely, if you are based in Poland and have full eligibility to work in Poland.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Write code, not just YAML or config files
- Design new Cloud architectures
- Work with large scale Cloud deployments, containers and serverless applications
- Improve our security processes and tooling
- Participate, be heard, influence and make a difference
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Know AWS like the back of your hand
- Experience with containerised or serverless workloads and lambda-based architecture patterns
- Coding experience (any language, like Golang, Rust, NodeJS, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Experience with event-driven / asynchronous designs
- A considerate, inclusive and team player spirit
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, code reviews, testing, and operations
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and ECS
- Knowledge of Azure and/or GCP
- Experience with Golang
- Experience optimising for high concurrency
- Understanding of OAuth/OIDC/JWT and AuthN/AuthZ in general
- SRE concepts and their practical application
- Understanding of live broadcast technologies is a massive advantage
- Development opportunities (knowledge sharing, mentorship programme, online Learning Zone and others)
- Private medical and dental cover (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life insurance
- MyBenefit platform (thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Flexible working arrangements, 1-hour lunch break incl. in working day
- Wellbeing initiatives
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
- For more information on our perks and benefits please visit our Careers page.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.