What's your new role about?
We are rapidly growing our capabilities in the anti-piracy & brand protection area and is looking for an experienced senior manager to lead the creation, execution and ongoing management of its content protection strategy and operations.
Your role will be to lead the business in forming a highly effective technical and operational solution to deal with DAZN’s piracy challenges. The successful candidate will be expected to run engaging, informative and productive internal meetings across multiple stakeholder groups to drive the anti-piracy agenda; working collaboratively with regional and central Operations, Product, Technology, Legal, Finance and Commercial stakeholders.
Your role will be a critical enabler of anti-piracy, continually delivering across 5 key areas of responsibility to support DAZN’s anti-piracy goals:
· Executing DAZN’s anti-piracy strategy and leading DAZN’s internal SME group (the ‘Revenue Protection Unit’) stretching your focus across key business areas including Operations, Technology, Legal, Finance and Commercial; managing inputs from all stakeholders and creating clear actions to ensure the business is delivering its strategy.
· Live management of DAZN’s anti-piracy operation over major event periods including Tentpole boxing events; ensuring effective processes are in place to deal with the threat of piracy in real-time.
· Continually reviewing and improving DAZN’s anti-piracy technology and processes to ensure the business is benefitting from market-leading solutions, maximising protection of the business’s key assets, delivering improvement through effective project management.
· Creating business cases to assess additional resource and funding requirements to maximise DAZN’s anti-piracy capabilities, while managing spend under agreed budgetary controls.
· Providing regular quantitative reports and ad-hoc information illustrating volumes and key trends relating to DAZN piracy, covering both content piracy and account sharing.
Your role will be essential in transforming DAZN into a technologically and operationally advanced OTT broadcaster with respect to anti-piracy and content protection. You will act as a linchpin within the operations team, dealing with all things anti-piracy and providing regular information/reports to executive management. Your management team will rely on you to act as a continual conduit of information and activity, enabling the execution and continual optimisation of DAZN’s anti-piracy strategy.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life insurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Lead the ‘Revenue Protection Unit’ team by communicating effectively, disseminating relevant insight and reliably turning words into actions.
- Driving swift activity and positive change through the ‘Revenue Protection Unit’ as well as other stakeholder groups where required.
- Manage the deployment of new technology and processes across the anti-piracy operational sphere, using recognised project and programme management techniques where appropriate to deliver the optimum result.
- Lead an ‘on-the-night’ operation of anti-piracy efforts, co-coordinating activity and communication between internal resources and external service providers.
- Review and recommend new approaches to reducing piracy volumes, drawing on an appropriate combination of industry best practice and satisfying DAZN’s immediate requirements.
- Generate comprehensive business case documentation in order to support the inclusion of new systems and technologies within DAZN’s anti-piracy operations.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Minimum five years’ experience within a relevant environment of the content protection industry
- Proven leadership abilities supported by demonstrated track record of management in a rapid growth business
- Clear understanding of the technical and operational workflows/processes involved in running an effective anti-piracy operation
- Proven ability to drive change in the face of resistance from senior stakeholder groups.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; demonstrated experience driving continuous improvement in technology operations.
- A proven ability to remain calm under pressure
- Project management experience
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Passion and knowledge of sports media and new media industries
- Experience in digital video streaming
- Experience managing budgets and operations within a B2C business
- Department: Operations
- Job Title: Head of Global Anti-Piracy
- Type: Permanent
- Reports to: Head of Operational Performance & Development
- Career Level: CL4
- Country and Location: Hammersmith, London
- Hours of Work: Mon – Fri 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- You will have access to the Perform/DAZN online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. If you fancy a move abroad, Perform are currently seeking the best talent in the world.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world. Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles. The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon. To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com