What's your new role about?
An opportunity to help define and deliver DAZN’s long-term global strategic goals has arisen. We are looking for a new team member to provide a tangible contribution to strategic and commercial decisions within our fast-paced, disruptive, and incredibly dynamic business.
As a Strategy Manager at DAZN you will be a key driver of current market strategy projects across our Canadian Market with a core focus on NFL and soccer rights including English Premier League and Champions League, US and UK Markets with Matchroom Boxing rights, as well as future market strategy projects across our newly launched 200+ Global Platform Markets – inclusive of new market launches.
You will support the Head of Strategy – DAZN North America and Global Platform, by providing and utilizing qualitative and quantitative analysis, challenging current thinking/processes, and devising solutions to existing and new business challenges.
Given the breadth of the role, you will work cross functionally with a range of internal and external stakeholders with extensive exposure to senior executives.
Your innovative and consultative mindset will provide you with an objective view on the marketplace, our position within it and the opportunities that exist. You will relish working in a fast-paced, agile environment alongside a strong team of industry experts. You’ll embrace a challenge and can thrive in this broad and pacey new role by always being ahead of the game.
Benefits include access to DAZN, an annual performance related bonus, up to 15 days of paid time off and 9 days of annual leave, health benefits (including dental & eye care) and a generous sick time package as well as short and long-term disability covering, parental leave offering, personal insurances, such as basic life term and personal accident and access to a 401(k) retirement plan. You’ll also find a family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Strategy Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work with stakeholders across DAZN to deliver and shape the group’s commercial strategy
- Identification of future markets for DAZN and the research and analysis of those markets – connectivity, trends, consumer preferences, rights, production, partnerships, etc.
- Support the crafting and execution of DAZN’s strategy for a market from inception through to handover post launch
- Work on the optimal strategy for market entry including rights, production, partnerships, pricing, financial modelling etc.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for rights holder meetings and presentations to potential partners
- Make recommendations to management based on complex analyses
- Ad hoc strategic projects and initiatives
- Assessment of existing rights portfolio and long-term objectives, working with the stakeholders to adapt as required
- Market and competitor assessment
- Pricing, programming, and proposition strategy
- Assessment of the effectiveness of partnerships and ideas for new ones
- Taking learnings from across markets to ensure best practice is followed across all markets as DAZN grows
- Work with product to define the product roadmap
- Long-term strategic direction of current Markets
- Long-term strategic direction of DAZN Global Platform (200+ Markets around the world)
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience in either a Tier 1 Strategy Consulting firm, Investment Banking, Professional Services or In-House Strategy/Corporate Development team
- Strong proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrable experience of utilizing strategic analytical skills, including market situation/trend analyses, economic and P&L modelling, scenario planning, and operational feasibility assessments
- Ability to crystalize key insights from data and communicate complex analyses in an efficient and effective manner to a variety of internal audiences across departments and functions
- Strong analytical capabilities with a track record of strategic development and implementation planning
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously with experience managing strategic projects or leading significant workstreams with cross-functionals stakeholders
- An understanding and interest in the sports and broader media industries
- A willingness to travel
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree education
Even better if you have:
- An understanding of a wide range of international markets
- Motivated to work for a fast-paced and fast-growing company looking to change the sports media landscape
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.