What's your new role about?
We are a global, live sports streaming company with millions of concurrent viewers on the best content rights. Our services need high-availability, high-performance and great resilience/recovery strategies. But we’re not done yet. We need to continue our disrupter journey and continue to create the very best customer experiences.
As the VP Engineering, Living Room Devices, you’ll play a crucial role in partnering with both the TV Product teams and the device manufactures to create world-class experiences. You need to create highly-engaged, high-performing teams; able to iterate, optimise and learn as we develop and refine ideas. You need to empower your teams, allowing them to self-organise, yet be highly-aligned; this is our way to operate at scale. And as a leader you need to deep-dive, technically, into solutions and problems in this hyper-fragmented and constrained technical space; mentoring and coaching the teams toward excellence.
Your teams will own the devices in the Living Room space, TV and Set-Top Box devices, including new feature development, new platform integrations and test lab automation. You’ll need to continue to hire great talent to compliment the already outstanding engineers; continually raising the bar. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we must do. Get ready for the journey.
HERE IS A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU WILL DO (not all of it, just the most important stuff):
- Lead 50+ people across engineering within Living Room with a focus on great inclusive culture, domain ownership and open learning.
- Fully engage with product and business stakeholders, contributing to the planning process for new features, providing great viable solutions.
- Collaborate with your teams to refine the scope of incoming projects to set and meet expectations on time and quality.
- Own the technical roadmap and services in your area; prioritising and balancing internal projects alongside customer value.
- Setting customer focused direction that continuously delivers results and does not sacrifice long-term service/team health.
- Inspire and nurture team members at all levels to continuously improve our ways of working, our culture and our individual craftsmanship.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS:
- Experience of leading and delivering successful large scale, high availability, high quality, high performance eCommerce systems and technologies.
- Technical expertise of medium/large frontend client applications, video players & DRM. Client-side performance analysis and memory profiling proficiency, with experience on AWS and Docker.
- Practical knowledge of defining and implementing automation.
- Strong understanding of developing consumer facing cross-platform applications.
- Proactive and relentless problem solver, particularly when acting as a servant leader for your teams.
- Connect and influence across departments, teams and various level of seniority.
- Scaled Agile and DevOps experience, across a large engineering organisation with distributed teams.
It would be great if you had these too:
- In-depth knowledge and experience developing live operational metrics
- Exposure to Micro Frontends frameworks and techniques.
- Experience of Multi-Variant testing tooling and high-volume processes.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.