What's your new role about?
We are a global, live sports streaming company with millions of concurrent viewers on the best content rights. Our services need high-availability, high-performance and great resilience/recovery strategies. But we’re not done yet. We need to continue our disrupter journey and continue to create the very best customer experiences.
As the VP Engineering, Living Room Devices, you’ll play a crucial role in partnering with both the TV Product teams and the device manufactures to create world-class experiences. You need to create highly-engaged, high-performing teams; able to iterate, optimise and learn as we develop and refine ideas. You need to empower your teams, allowing them to self-organise, yet be highly-aligned; this is our way to operate at scale. And as a leader you need to deep-dive, technically, into solutions and problems in this hyper-fragmented and constrained technical space; mentoring and coaching the teams toward excellence.
Your teams will own the devices in the Living Room space, TV and Set-Top Box devices, including new feature development, new platform integrations and test lab automation. You’ll need to continue to hire great talent to compliment the already outstanding engineers; continually raising the bar. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we must do. Get ready for the journey.
HERE IS A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU WILL DO (not all of it, just the most important stuff):
- Lead 50+ people across engineering within Living Room with a focus on great inclusive culture, domain ownership and open learning.
- Fully engage with product and business stakeholders, contributing to the planning process for new features, providing great viable solutions.
- Collaborate with your teams to refine the scope of incoming projects to set and meet expectations on time and quality.
- Own the technical roadmap and services in your area; prioritising and balancing internal projects alongside customer value.
- Setting customer focused direction that continuously delivers results and does not sacrifice long-term service/team health.
- Inspire and nurture team members at all levels to continuously improve our ways of working, our culture and our individual craftsmanship.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS:
- Experience of leading and delivering successful large scale, high availability, high quality, high performance eCommerce systems and technologies.
- Technical expertise of medium/large frontend client applications, video players & DRM. Client-side performance analysis and memory profiling proficiency, with experience on AWS and Docker.
- Practical knowledge of defining and implementing automation.
- Strong understanding of developing consumer facing cross-platform applications.
- Proactive and relentless problem solver, particularly when acting as a servant leader for your teams.
- Connect and influence across departments, teams and various level of seniority.
- Scaled Agile and DevOps experience, across a large engineering organisation with distributed teams.
It would be great if you had these too:
- In-depth knowledge and experience developing live operational metrics
- Exposure to Micro Frontends frameworks and techniques.
- Experience of Multi-Variant testing tooling and high-volume processes.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.