What's your new role about?
This is a fantastic new opportunity to join our diverse and expanding global network support team. As a network support engineer, you will provide 2nd line support within our Feltham office and Local Data Centres, delivering technical expertise to the Global Support Teams for incidents, problems, changes and service requests, while also providing support to the global project team in the successful delivery of new technologies and network developments.
You will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the highest levels of service and availability within our large global network, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and other data communications systems. You will be expected to have a solid understanding of Cisco and Checkpoint products alongside an in-depth knowledge of routing protocols and VPN’s.
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide Technical expertise to existing support teams, including training and knowledge transfer.
- Aid with the resolution of incidents, problems and changes within business service level targets.
- Support successful fulfilment of network projects and services requests within agreed timelines.
- Provide operational cover for the 24/7 NOC team, including occasional shifts during periods of absence & key business events.
- Analyse technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration and operations.
- Communicate the value of the network to the organisation and support business cases for technology investments and strategic design requests.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within an equivalent 2nd line network support role.
- Strong demonstrable experience in supporting, maintaining and developing a complex Cisco routing and switching network environment.
- Previous demonstrable experience in supporting and maintaining Checkpoint firewalls.
- Experience in F5 Loadbalances within a production network environment.
IT'D BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- CCNP or higher certification.
- Previous experience in development and maintenance of Solarwinds network monitoring solution.
- Previous exposure within a multicast video environment.
- ITIL foundation or higher certification.
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This is an ambitious project with a fast, scalable release cycle. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work they produce. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a technology community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com