What's your new role about?
From the Premier League to La Liga, Serie A, and Bundesliga, to the NFL, NBA and MLB, DAZN is at the heart of the broadcasting of the World’s major sports events. Our revolutionary OTT platform is the only place viewers in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Japan, Italy, Canada, the USA and now Spain can watch some of these major sporting events. We are looking for an experienced Producer to join our Football team to help us continue delivering the very best sports content to our newest audience in Spain.
As the Producer Football at DAZN you will be responsible for producing and creating innovative live and non-live, short and long form programmes for DAZN, out of our state of the art production facility in Madrid. The role includes involvement across all our Football properties primarily focusing on EPL from the 2019/2020 season onwards along with European and South American Football leagues. You will be directly involved in the creative process and be expected to conceptualise and execute various live and non-live programming ideas, including the ability to manage a live TV Gallery. You will have technical acumen paired with significant knowledge of Football and will be responsible for maximising performance and ensuring a superior viewer experience. Another vital component is working with Executive Producers and Program Planners to organise and schedule matches and programming on the DAZN platform.
You will be working on a global product with the opportunity to shape a new generation of sports fans via a video OTT platform that delivers streaming of sport (live and on demand) to customers around the world. You will be passionate about the sports we cover and know how to lead a team into translating creative ideas and strong editorial into great programming relevant to your region. You will be highly motivated with strong editorial standards, and a strong work ethic. You will lead by example and care passionately about the programmes you deliver.
Not only this, you’ll have the opportunity to travel to European locations regularly and work with some of the best global talent in the sports media industry.
As English language proficiency is a requirement for the role, please submit a CV written in English.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT EVERYTHING, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT PARTS)
- Preparing and producing, live and non-live, short and long form non-live sport programmes for broadcast.
- Working in a live TV Production and leading editorial in a live on-air environment
- Leading a team of production staff to develop and deliver ideas for broadcast
- Writing scripts, preparing and deciding running orders
- Working with talent specifically live match commentators and analysts
- Oversee the content creation for the Football rail, including live and non-live output
- Ensure all non-live and VOD content is created to the highest standard and in appropriate timeframes.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience of producing live and non-live TV programmes (min 5 years).
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- A significant editorial knowledge of Football specifically EPL.
- Knowledge of the sports media and new media industries
- Proven leadership abilities, supported by demonstrated track record of management in a growth business
- Assist with the acquisition of freelance talent
- Ability to lead and task a production team in the build up to and delivery of programmes
- Some experience and understanding of the workings of post-production, outside broadcast, studio and gallery/control room technologies
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- First rate knowledge of and interest in sport both locally and globally
- An ability to establish and maintain relationships across a spectrum of collaborators, from other rights partners to suppliers
- A willingness and ability to quickly understand and be able to work on new sports as and when new additional rights are secured for the DAZN platform.
- Understanding of content production for OTT distribution.
- Languages – English is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure coupled with working to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel abroad to events and to other DAZN offices and territories.
- We’re currently working on our benefits package, but this will include 30 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
- Department: DAZN Content and Programming
- Type: Permanent
- Reports To: Executive Producer
- Career Level: CL3
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Hours of Work: 40 hours
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in five territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify and Amazon to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in Italy, Germany, US, Canada, Japan, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.