What's your new role about?
This role is a customer facing position, overseeing the look and feel of the platform. DAZN produces innovative live and original content for various markets. As the Deputy Editor of DAZN, you will have technical acumen paired with significant editorial knowledge of Football and major sports as Motorsports, Basketball, American Football, Tennis, Rugby and Darts.
You will be responsible for maximizing performance and ensuring a superior viewer experience. Curation of content and quality control are key elements of this role. You will liaise with the Head of Customer on Platform to keep developing visually and editorially the platform. The main goals are creating the best user experience and to understand and enrich the customer journey on platform. The planning team and the different content producers will be your main partners for this purpose. Therefore, analyzing performance is key to guide content production and platform positioning.
This is a role unique to an OTT platform since you will be curating live and non-live contents in a non-linear way. However, it is similar to the likes of an Editor of a Sports Website, Newspaper or magazine, Chief Editor of a Sports news or magazine show or a Channel controller of a sports channel, but with a twist because we are not looking for a person that fits the traditional model but someone who is innovative and has the passion of being a pioneer to develop the role as we move forward.
You will report to the Head of Customer on Platform (Southern Europe) and will manage a team of CMS editorial staff to create editorial strategies.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage and mentor a team of “around the clock” content staff
- Analysing performance and creating data reports
- Curate content using key metrics in line with brand and editorial guidelines
- Provide quality control of output of live and recorded content at all time
- Helping to manage short and long-term program schedule in conjunction with planning department
- Liaising and contributing with other DAZN regions
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- +3 years relevant management and editorial industry experience
- Mandatory previous experience in digital marketing for a media company or media agency
- A significant editorial knowledge of Football and major sports as Motorsport, Basketball, American Football, Tennis, Rugby and Darts.
- Native Italian and strong skills in English both written and oral
- Demonstrable understanding of working with internal stakeholders to deliver entire complex products
- Management experience of running a department
- Significant technical acumen, digital production experience combined with unquestionable editorial knowledge
- Photoshop and PowerPoint advanced user.
- Experience of dealing with demanding, internal clients
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Previous experience as Chief editor of a Sports editorial department of a newspaper, magazine, sports news or sports channel
- Desirable a good level of Spanish
- Digital Editorial experience in a large multi layered Sport production environment
- Management experience and leadership qualities
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.