What's your new role about?
The Developer Experience (DX) team is part of the Platform department and works on tools and resources to make development efficient, easier and engaging.
The DX team is accountable for the success of their engineering counterparts rather than directly for the main product of the business.
In order to succeed as a DX engineer, you should have empathy and be product-driven for the needs of your fellow engineers: they are our final customers.
We are looking for an engineer to join our Developer Experience Team. Someone who cares about mentoring and supporting others; someone that has a product mindset; someone who is excited about developing modern applications, and someone with a focus on contributing and building tools for our colleagues to achieve an awesome developer experience.
The DX team mainly works remotely and is distributed across our dev centres and locations, in Amsterdam, Madrid, Italy and London.
The team is responsible for areas such as our bespoke CLI, CI/CD pipeline, monitoring tooling, onboarding, linters and much more. To view a more comprehensive list of what we have been working on in the past year.
Our current tech stack is diverse and includes Nodejs, TypeScript, Golang, AWS, Docker, Terraform, React and it's always evolving.
Our team values!
- Support each other
- Prefer data-driven decision
- Ship, ship, ship
- Always evolving
What we are looking for!
- Understanding of Technical, Product and Customer support
- Willingness to Mentor and support others
- Get involved with every step of a product's lifecycle
- Experiment with new technologies
- Build modern applications for our colleagues
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure AWS
- An understanding of automation, efficiency and scalability principles, and have ideas on effective developer tools
- An understanding of all aspects of software delivery (from designing to development, code review, testing, and operations)
- A desire to help software engineers across the business to deliver compelling user-facing and tooling products
- Empathy and desire to improve the efficiency of fellow engineers
- Constantly seek out opportunities to improve our developer experience
- The ability to effectively communicate technical ideas and solutions to others
- Evidence of public speaking, supporting in events or published works
Here's a little more about us…
Within Developer Experience, we work slightly differently from other teams within DAZN because our focus is not just on the products that we build and maintain, but also on the welfare of other developers within the company.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.