What's your new role about?
If you are looking for an exciting step in your broadcast engineering career? As DAZN expands globally, this is a great time to join our team in Bangor to support DAZN's broadcast infrastructure and operational teams to deliver live sports content at a high standard to consumers on multiple platforms.
This new and growing team supports all aspects around the live production of Super feeds delivered from global sporting events.
As Broadcast Engineer, you'll monitor the global acquisition of events and work with providers to ensure the seamless reception of content into our facility using IP or downlinked via satellite. You will help ensure the successful delivery of linear and non-linear content on to DAZN global OTT platforms and to external broadcasters.
The role is ideal for Network Engineers looking to build upon their skills in an environment heavily focused on video broadcast or Broadcast Engineers wanting to improve their knowledge of IP delivered video. Building on experience in this role can provide future progression opportunities within the wider engineering department.
Please get in touch with us if this sounds interesting and you'd like to find out more!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Support operational staff to achieve a high standard of output
- Provide and keep support documentation up to date
- Produce timely and accurate shift hand over reports
- Assist operators in setting up and configuring broadcast equipment
- Adopt best practice regarding streaming media and broadcast technologies
- Liaise with other departments and suppliers.
- Configuration and management of archive and replay systems
- Provide regular maintenance of broadcast equipment
- Work with broadcast project teams to implement new systems
- Monitor the global acquisition and distribution of signals in IP
- Provide broadcast quality assurance on all content whether live or file based
- Maintenance of RF Downlink Ingest Facilities
- Shift based role supporting DAZN operation 24/7 365 days a year
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Experience in Broadcast playout, associated technologies, workflows and broadcast standards
- Knowledge of Broadcast Contribution Encoding techniques and high-level fault analysis
- Experience in management of IP Transport Stream contribution (Multicast, Unicast Networks)
- Awareness of current encoding technologies
- Networking and Routing
- Satellite Communications
- Understanding of Transport Stream Analysis tools
- Experience working in a live broadcast environment, and confident in working under pressure to resolve issues during live broadcasts
- A willingness to travel to attend training and other DAZN facilities may be required
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU HAVE
- Automation Tools experience (Dataminer)
- Scheduling Tools knowledge (ScheduALL)
- Experience in programming languages
- Experience in server support and maintenance
- Familiar with change management and incident tracking procedures
- Ability to manage broadcast projects and builds
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.