What's your new role about?
As the Activation Manager for DAZN Japan, you will actively assist the Senior Activation Account manager to achieve the acquisition target by supporting a team tasked with implementing, monitoring and optimizing the activation of commercial and marketing partnerships with mainly J.LEAGUE and other right holders. You will be involved in the whole activation and will prepare for the planning as well as execution. You will also work alongside the wider accounts the value of DAZN’s media rights investment in a consistent and coherent manner. You will work closely with your colleagues in DAZN including our internal social media team, to help tailor the media and marketing campaigns and to execute non-digital marketing initiatives. Also, you will deeply work with media sales team to increase ad revenue. You will work closely with other colleagues within Activation team to ensure the work is coherent, consistent and executed at high quality expected.
As our new Activation Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Make a strategy to achieve our business target to leverage each rights holder
- · Negotiate with all rights holders to make them understand our business and to manage them as an account manager
- Drive and compose annual pass / FC bundle sales scheme
- Maximize/optimize sponsorship packages to increase revenue/subs
- Design a strategy for efficient rights acquisition with rights team including central exclusive
- To create the attractive deck (document) for Japan/central, need to be data driven/number oriented
- Gain access and rights for teams and players efficiently to create engaging content (on/off platform)
- Manage and negotiate portrait rights.
- Retention of rights
- Build and enhance great relationships with each partner to grow the business not only acquisition but also viewership
- Developing relationships to facilitate player/talent access for DAZN Media, Marketing, and Production teams.
- Regular communication and reporting with DAZN Japan senior management in Tokyo.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- 3＋ years’ experience working in a sales and/or account management position within a media or agency environment
- Business in both English and Japanese
- Strong negotiation skill / highly communication skill
- Strategic thinking
- Data driven/number oriented
- Build a new business scheme
- Skill in producing logical and easy-to-understand materials in JP/ENG
- Deep understanding of the business
- Transparency, teamwork is key
- Maintain business balance
- Establish/maintain relationship with all departments
- Experience as Playing Manager, mentoring new grad or junior member
Even better if you have:
- The courage to make smart decisions
- An ability to focus on the things that matter
- Prepared to challenge your colleagues to make us better
- Honesty and straightforward communication
- Openness to direct feedback
- Passionate curiosity
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.