What's your new role about?
The Enterprise Data Management function is responsible for the Snowflake data warehouse and the Data Platform that we are building around it. With DAZN seeking to be data driven in everything it does, our role is to ensure the delivery of reliable, timely, and consumable data for operational use by downstream analytics and machine learning teams.
As a Junior Devops Engineer you will be expected to help design, implement and maintain our cloud data systems. Being part of a sub-team under Enterprise Data Management, you will have the Data Team and engineers as the main stakeholders, with some availability being dedicated as well to the teams overseeing the database systems and data-science platforms. You will be enabling these teams by building cloud-based services and ensuring availability and performance are up to our standards.
The core set of technologies we use are Docker, Terraform and AWS, with Python and Bash for scripting. We welcome candidates who have used similar technologies before as we greatly value flexibility in learning new tech stacks.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Actively suggest improvements on our platform
- Write supporting documentation around the infrastructure
- Design and implement the infrastructure needed for the data pipelines
- Run changes through an Infrastructure As Code approach
- Write supporting scripts to connect to different systems
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Coding experience in any language (preferably Python)
- Knowledge and experience with AWS (or other cloud service providers)
- Experience with Terraform
- Knowledge and experience with Git (branching strategies, repo management, Github Actions)
- Experiencing using any kind of Database (SQL or NoSQL)
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS
- Manage container-based workloads and/or serverless deployments
- Good coding skills and programming practices (coding and testing styles, CI/CD, etc...)
- Experience with Google Cloud
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.