What's your new role about?
Is handball your number one sport? Do you want to play your part in creating high-quality content to revolutionise the way handball fans consume their favourite sport?
We are excited to announce that we have signed a 10-year agreement with Infront and the European Handball Federation (EHF) and EHF Marketing (EHFM) to manage and develop worldwide media rights for their events.
Working within a team of handball content experts, you’ll have the opportunity to be there at the very start of our handball journey – developing, editing and delivering original, high-quality and eye-opening content to sports fans around the globe.
We’re all about ‘transforming the sport’ and establishing handball and the EHF competitions as a leading sports property on the global sports market. This brand-new role within our production team will give you the opportunity to help us raise the profile of this brilliant sport.
The role will require flexibility as the hours will include evening and weekend work and you will be working from our Madrid office.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Edit and deliver original, high-quality content, producing highlights and occasionally features and promos with creativity, energy and skill
- Work with internal DAZN and EHF teams to ensure the timely delivery of content to its final destination – to fans just like you!
- Develop content and suggest new ideas for video treatments
- Coordinate and monitor freelancers on match days
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Strong knowledge of European handball
- Excellent editorial judgement appropriate to content requirements, e.g. gained while working with sports coverage, be it in digital media, TV, radio or written press
- Understanding of technical and delivery aspects of digital and broadcast media
- Good editing software skills – (you will be working with Adobe Premiere)
- Fluent in English and Spanish
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Ability to work to briefs but also use own initiative to deliver content to a very high standard
- Ability to analyse requirements or problems and lead the proposal of the solutions.
- Experience of conducting interviews and of producing shoots on location
- Ability to work on multiple projects at any given time in a pressured environment
- Department: Global Event Production Services
- Type: Permanent
- Reports to: Producer – Handball
- Career Level: 2
- Location: Madrid – Spain
- Hours of work: 40
- Line Management: No
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.