What's your new role about?
A GSD support engineer has three key areas of responsibility: manage continual flow of service issues and requests, maintain system availability and manage the swift return to service of any incident affecting product availability. Sports broadcasting is a rapidly growing requirement and need for clients across the world in many fields and thus an interest for sport and an analytical mind is needed to handle a fast paced and exciting product.
The team must work together, completing tasks independently, but ensuring that product delivery of the business can continue. The role of global support desk support engineer is critical to keeping all the systems up to date and running to support the products of the business. A career as a global support desk support engineer requires dedication to continuing education, as technology is constantly changing, and it is necessary to invest time and effort to stay current.
HERE’S WHAT YOU'LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Work in a first line support team who act as the SPOC (single point of contact) for internal/external stakeholders to report incidents and requests related to our products and services.
- GSD support engineer’s primary objective is to ensure that in the event of an incident service is returned as quickly as possible by taking appropriate steps following established or available processes.
- The key activities being to detect and identify incident, matching incident to known problems, quick resolution of incident, prioritizing incidents in terms of impact and urgency and correctly escalating incidents to ensure that timely resolution.
- As the single point of contact (SPOC), the team owns all incidents from initial detection, logging, escalation, to closure.
- Support of live event and GVN services and follow procedures when issues arise.
- Monitor live critical systems using tools provided and follow procedures when issues arise. Providing excellent communications by way of notifications and updates, both written and oral to the business and external parties.
- Provide stats for the Daily Support Desk report on call trends.
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required.
- Answer support queries from clients, account management and remote offices in accordance with company policies and procedures.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- A university or college qualification in computer services, information technology systems, or computer programming.
- Incident Management experience - Managing incidents including business expectations and communication.
- Sporting Knowledge.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and telephone manner.
- Previous IT Service Desk/Support Desk experience required to have an understanding of multimedia/IP TV/Internet Streaming/Mobile support is preferable.
- Must be able to work shifts which will include weekends, public holidays and overnights.
- Good broadband connectivity to enable working from home effectively.
NOT ESSENTIAL, BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Sports media and customer service background is also useful for this role.
- If you enjoy working with technology, focused on details, and can work as a team member.
- An ITIL qualification is preferable but not essential.
- Experience of a fast-moving support environment would be an advantage, ideally having developed a strong Broadcast/IT aptitude.
- Job Title: Support Engineer – Global Support Desk
- Reports To: Team Lead – Global Support Desk
- Career Level: CL1
- Country and Location: Mangalore, India
- Hours of Work: 12 Hours/9 Hours (Flexible to work in shifts)
- Line Management Responsibility: No
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.