What's your new role about?
A fantastic opportunity for a junior to mid-level Media or Commercial Lawyer to move to DAZN, one of the most exciting and rapidly growing businesses in the sports industry.
Legal Counsel, International is a new role within the DAZN International Legal Team, supporting various commercial teams based centrally in Hammersmith as well as in our launch markets.
As DAZN expands around the world, it offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a broad range of matters, obtain great experience and take on more responsibility as the business grows.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave pro rata (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Negotiate and draft a wide variety of contracts for various teams including: commercial, partnerships, rights, marketing, product, operations and production (with assistance from outside counsel, where necessary).
- Co-ordinate with the lawyers in market in respect of various initiatives, such as new functionalities being rolled out across our service.
- Support the Senior Legal Counsel, International by acting as primary legal contact for certain business stakeholders and driving important projects.
- Create and update relevant policies and templates.
- Be willing to take responsibility for items which are outside of the normal scope of your remit from time to time.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 1-3 years of post-qualification experience (although aptitude, personality and culture-fit will be given significantly greater weight in assessment).
- Trained as a lawyer at and subsequently worked in a highly successful and recognised commercial team either in private practice, or a strong in-house team in the media or technology sector.
- Experience of commercial and/or technology contracts.
- Experience of copyright licensing, whether relating to the acquisition and/or distribution of content.
- Excellent technical legal skills, especially drafting and interpretative abilities.
- Highly commercial and constructive problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work with a degree of autonomy, taking the initiative and proactively managing tasks.
- A well-rounded personality, able to build & maintain strong relationships with important business
- stakeholders, as well as other members of the wider Legal team.
- A willingness to operate out of his or her comfort zone and to play a proactive role in developing
- DAZN’s legal function.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience working in an international company
- Experience working for a rapid growth, scale up business
- Working knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 2018 and the
- E-Privacy Regulation.
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance and pension contributions up to 5%.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com