What's your new role about?
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work as a Senior Media Manager in a rapidly expanding global sports production team? Then come join the team at DAZN.
We are looking for an experienced Media Manager to work in our busy sport-based post production facility.
In this post you will play a key role of the operational team, working as part of a dynamic team supporting and maintaining post production workflows. As Senior Media Manager, you will be chiefly responsible for the management of media assets in a fast paced 24/7 broadcast environment, that delivers a high volume of quality highlights, long form programming, online content and promotional sports packages. Working closely with other operational and production teams, you will be responsible for the ingest management of media files, MAM administration, online and nearline storage, metadata checking and the archive cataloguing of digital files. You will work with our central post production team, other media managers across our international facilities and our third-party supplier to establish and maintain media management policies and workflows. You will also be managing and developing a team of Post Production Technical Assistants
The successful candidate will be passionate about MAM and file-based workflows.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Plan and manage media workflows and transfers between Live MAM and Archive systems
- Implementing metadata conventions
- Loading and archiving files from portable media
- Creating and managing directory structures in MAM database
- Efficient monitoring and management of production storage
- Assist with the delivery of file-based media to required standards
- Provide media management training to operational and production teams
- Manage and delegate tasks to Post Production Technical Assistants
- Recommend and implement improvements to file based workflows and deletion policies
- Manage the delivery of exported and transcoded media assets to distribution protocols
- People management and recruitment responsibilities
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Must have experience of and be confident with MAM systems
- Experience of dealing with clients in a post-production environment and being able to communicate technical and non-technical information well
- Knowledge of managing editing projects between offline and online environments
- Good understanding of asset management and databases
- Working knowledge of storage technologies and their management
- Confident using a range of PC and Mac software
- Experienced with broadcast scheduling software ScheduALL and Xytech
- Good English language skills
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of File based delivery technologies such as Aspera or Signiant.
- Experience using Premiere editing software
- Experience of multi-site post production workflows
- Experience working with a post bookings team to help inform staff and plan future work
- Experience working in sport or an interest in it.
SPAIN BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- We’re currently working on our benefits package, but this will include 30 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
- Department: Production Services
- Internal Job Title: Senior Media Manager
- Reports To (title): Post Producer
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: Spain, Madrid
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in 5 territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland, Spain and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com