What's your new role about?
Are you a tech-savvy, versatile SRM with the ability to drive value through efficient and effective collaboration with third-party service providers? Are you able to own partnership-level engagements with critical suppliers across a diverse technical portfolio, adapting to changing situations while ensuring consistency through regular, focused governance?
If so, we have the role for you.
DAZN relies heavily on suppliers to deliver its customer experience, and as DAZN continues to grow, centralised ownership and management of those suppliers are increasingly important.
This role reports to the Head of Supplier Relationship Management. The SRM function is responsible for interpreting business strategy and identifying external partners to support that strategy. This particular role will support our Technology function, and will be a crucial enabler of our global SRM function.
The role requires a proactive, innovative thinker who is equally comfortable discussing high-level partnership strategies as they are scrutinising third-party performance data at a granular level. Due to the timing of this hire, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a vital role in the growth of the department and shape the systems and processes used to deliver value through SRM & partner management.
Working alongside key stakeholders in Finance, Procurement, Legal and Technology, you will need to juggle various responsibilities, including those relating to supplier tiering and all ongoing supplier management within each of those governance tiers.
You will need to understand and interpret key financial concepts such as spend forecasting, budgeting, cost control, and scenario analysis to generate performance reports. The distribution audience for those reports could be executive sponsors, so you will have strong communication and presentation skills and need to understand the story behind the data; trends will be backed up with empirical evidence and follow-on actions underway where required.
The ideal candidate will be versatile, engaging, naturally collaborative in their approach, and adaptable in the face of changing priorities. Able to balance multiple priorities while retaining a stable focus on top-level objectives, the candidate should be able to 'roll with the punches' and not lose sight of the bigger picture at DAZN.
You will become the sixth member of the growing SRM team at DAZN. The team has a great mix of individual styles and specialities across contract, project and service management and we work hard to provide a mix of structure and creative licence in equal measure, making for a transparent, collaborative work environment.
The team work remotely for the most part but make an effort to meet in person over the course of each month, as and when opportunities arise. This role can be based in the UK with hybrid home/office work at our UK offices in London or Leeds.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Supplier Relationship Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Take end-to-end ownership of some of the most critical third-party relationships within DAZN's Technology function, ensuring that key partnerships and supplier relationships deliver maximum value to the business, driving improvement against agreed metrics.
- Provide regular reporting to key stakeholders, adopting a data-led approach to managing partner and supplier performance, spending, and future activity.
- Act as a supplier/service management SME within the Technology team, enabling efficient BAU supplier operations and supporting your colleagues in achieving key third-party outcomes.
- In line with broader business strategy, work with Procurement, SRM, and Technology to shape, develop, and execute an effective third-party strategy, making a significant contribution to DAZN's overall business objectives.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience working in a technology-focused service management capacity, ideally with a focus on third-party activity.
- Experienced in managing service performance, including SLA/OLA design, performance data management, performance improvement, and issue resolution.
- An understanding of third-party service governance objectives and the ability to achieve them through managed processes.
- Commercial acumen gained through experience negotiating and managing service provider contracts.
- Awareness of value-adding opportunities through third-party collaboration.
- Excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills.
Even better if you have:
- Experience in a fast-paced broadcasting or technology organisation
- The ability to adopt a project mindset when necessary, ensuring that initiatives are completed within an evolving and changing environment.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.