What's your new role about?
This is DAZN’s Site Reliability team, part of the Platform Engineering function.
We are here to provide the data, tools and guidance to help our developers build best practice around scale, reliability and observability into every release, reducing customer-affecting incidents and speeding up recovery times when they happen. Leading to happier customers, and happier engineers!
Based in multiple countries we work together to make the product teams’ lives happier, by helping them understand how to build well and how to monitor well.
We succeed or fail as a team. Either way we use Agile processes to constantly measure and improve ourselves. We are driven by data. We are adaptable to new challenges and can switch context. We can advise without judgement and listen without fear.
Plus, we get to play with cool stuff sometimes :)
What type of people work in this team?
- Generally, people in the team have many of the following skills:
- Understanding how Operations works in production in the real world
- Writing clean, effective code to deliver solutions and automation
- An engineer’s mindset to problem-solving.
- Have done all of this at scale, using IaC, on some form of cloud
- Understanding of the challenges and advantages of a microservice architecture
- Concepts of observability
- Error budgets
- Alerting strategies
We are also keen to learn and to teach, to take what we find and share it with the rest of the organisation and beyond. We are curious, team players willing to get involved.
What we can do together?
- Learn and share great reliability practices, inside and outside the company.
- Understand the data behind what we do.
- Engineer solid solutions to real-world problems.
- Alternate Fridays to play with what we want.
- And sleep well because the phone isn’t going off.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.