What's your new role about?
Are you up for a serious challenge? We have millions of users around the globe and every single one generates megabytes of data every time they watch a sport on our service. Are you the person who will be able to ensure that data is efficiently collected, cleaned, organised, enriched and made available to the plethora of internal teams in DAZN? Those teams are demanding taskmasters, they want to data to be GDPR compliant, available in real-time, raw, summarised, grouped and aggregated and segmented in ways that you cannot possibly imagine. All that done on time and in budget. Oh, and if you succeed, DAZN will grow exponentially by reaping the rewards from all that valuable data so you’re only going to make your job harder as the volume of data you’re processing increases exponentially too.
You’ll be part of the architecture department and will work closely with the Data Engineering team building data pipelines that work for the global ambition of DAZN. Your primary responsibility is to ensure that the data team are working to designs which will deliver the data on time and fit for the purposes of its myriad use cases. You will have proven ability on delivering data warehouses, designing streaming architecture and data pipelines ensuring the results are performant and secure.
DAZN have changed the way people watch sports forever, by putting the consumer first, providing more sport and no long contract. As part of the DAZN tech team, you will play a lead role in this by designing and building world leading streaming services across web, mobile and TV platforms, working on new feature releases and evolving the next phase of our application framework. With a rapidly expanding company; growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture and a fun, vibrant workplace.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Establish both functional and non-functional requirements of stakeholders
- Design architectures using industry standard methodologies and present to stakeholders
- Take both leading and hands-on roles in the implementation of the solution
- Investigate issues and identify and initiate quality improvement measures
- Manage disruption free migrations and system shutdowns
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering successful data warehouse architectures involving a wide variety of systems and technologies
- Experience with message and event-based architectures at scale
- Data modelling expertise within the warehouse context
- Understanding and knowledge of working with and protecting customer data including PII in accordance with GDPR
- Experience with Cloud based systems and microservices running in AWS
- Knowledge of streaming technologies such as kafka or AWS Kinesis
- Experience acting as both a team and technical lead on multiple projects
- Ability to consider multiple stakeholders' requirements in a rapidly changing environment
IT'D BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Experience with: Salesforce, Google analytics, Spark, Snowflake
- Experience with these AWS technologies: Kinesis and Kinesis Analytics, Athena, Glue, Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3
- Experience with Agile frameworks (Kanban, Scrum…)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.