What's your new role about?
Are you fascinated by the evolving and changing world of Cloud and Database Technologies? Are you interested in leading some major Cloud migration processes? We have some exciting upcoming projects at DAZN as we migrate applications from Oracle/SQL*Server/MySQL databases to Open Source and Cloud based platforms that could be a great challenge for you!
At DAZN, you’ll work with the latest technologies to support our global, cloud based sport streaming platform that is changing the future of sports broadcasting. This role will give you the opportunity to take ownership of our database migrations into the Cloud, as well as defining strategies and partnering with Systems Engineering, Development, Data Science and Data Engineering teams.
Big data isn’t a plan for us, it’s the reality! As DAZN is improving non-stop, we’ll always aim go with the latest trends in data and Cloud technology, meaning you’ll constantly get to develop your technical expertise too. To keep it simple: You'll have the opportunity to support a wide array of projects, demonstrating ground-breaking tools and techniques to use DAZN’s data and support our ambitious plans for product development and the company’s rapid global expansion!
If this sounds like a great next step in your career, a challenge you would love to tackle and a process you would be keen to own then we would love to hear from you!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Drive discussions with senior stakeholders regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation
- Work alongside the Data Engineering, Architecture and Data Analyst / Scientist teams to help ensure the successful implementation of projects with internal and external clients
- Work directly with customers’ technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
- Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Analyze on-premises database environments such as Oracle, SQL*Server, or other Commercial DB Engines to Open Source Engines like Azure, Aurora-PostgreSQL/MySQL or RedShift / Snowflake
- Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Highly confident working in production RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systemswith databases of 1-10TB in size across multiple database platforms (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Netezza, Teradata, Vertica, Redshift , Snowflake etc.)
- Experience in ETL/ELT (e.g Airflow) workflow management along with the ability to write, tune SQL queries desired to help you collaborate with our Data Engineers
- Experience working with an object-oriented programming language preferably Python
- Experience working with Open Source Database Technology Platforms such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Good understanding of AWS Platforms and Services
- Experience with migrating database environments from one platform to another
- Experience working with high availability and performance tuning
- Understanding and ability to participate in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle including requirements gathering, business analysis, configuration management and quality control desired
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Experience in writing complex PL/SQL or PL/PgSQL, stored procedures is highly desired to help you collaborate with our Data Scientists
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.