What's your new role about?
Do you want to facilitate Software Engineers and deliver a product that is used by millions of users on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports from more than 300 different leagues in 8 countries including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, USA, Spain, Brazil (and more to come) and since we launched in summer 2016 we have streamed more than 300 million hours of content!
We are looking for Software Engineering Managers in our London and Amsterdam development centres to inspire and enable our teams, and drive engineering excellence.
You have solid and developed technical experience, a clear progression into management scope and a passion for driving high-performance teams composed by outstanding engineers.
You will monitor the projects delivery ensuring your teams successfully get their craft into production on time.
You will be a servant leader - knowing when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes.
You will be a proven coach and mentor, able to grow each of your team members. As a leader, you will champion discussions across the whole DAZN as part of community-based sharing groups.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Maintain and enhance an inclusive, healthy, diverse and strong engineering culture
- Recruit, on board and retain the best engineering talent
- Conduct regular 1:1s and performance evaluations of engineers
- Contribute to DAZN's technical strategy, setting projects goals, supporting and developing your team(s)
- Deliver high quality, well designed technical solutions
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement
- Support your teams to own and support their services in production
- Create a learning environment for your team and individuals, act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers to support advance modern, software development practices and advance a great engineering culture
- Balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience developing, releasing and supporting software products and/or services in Agile environments
- Proven leadership skills managing cross-functional engineering teams
- Collaborative and supportive management style, to encourage your team to continually solve other engineers and infrastructure needs
- Passionate about building teams
- Strong empathy for others
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCES
- Experience with managing budgets
- Strong team working skills with experience influencing across a matrix organization
- Experience of release level planning
Here's a little more about us…
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
High End Laptops (Mac or PC)
Access to DAZN
Budget to attend events & conferences
Free Coffee/Tea/Milk/Cereals & Fruit
Free Access to Safari Ebooks
Yoga & Meditation Classes
Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
Life & Disability Coverage
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/