What's your new role about?
Are you interested in helping change and shape the way customers watch live sport? Are you passionate about broadcast technology and how the platforms link to deliver a seamless customer experience? If so, then our Broadcast Platform Manager role could be the perfect next step for you!
You will join the Broadcast Platform team and have the end-to-end visibility and understanding across DAZN’s entire live video workflow. In your key role, working from signal acquisition to CDN delivery, you will have the opportunity to scope new workflows and make improvements to existing workflows. You will be key in helping to shape the ever-evolving technology selection and deployments facilitating DAZN’s growth. Your enthusiasm will drive the adoption of best practice across broadcast teams, maximising consistency in this fast paced business.
Take your Broadcast experience and interest in OTT delivery to a new level with the DAZN Broadcast Platform Engineering team!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Identifying, actioning and completing technical improvements across the broadcast platforms
- Act as a key technical conduit for third party OTT platforms
- Process and workflow improvement across teams, influencing externals to benefit DAZN’s evolving requirements
- Device utilisation and capacity modelling
- Influencing project requirements and driving acceptance criteria
- Deep diving technical issues with relevant teams and fault trend analysis to mitigate and improve for continual service improvement
- Technical Stakeholder management
- Communicating key changes and information across the Broadcast teams
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Deep knowledge of OTT Delivery
- Understanding of Public Cloud eg AWS / Azure / Google Cloud
- Knowledge of Encoding and Distribution
- Great communicator, tailored for all levels of technical ability and understanding
- A track record of building relationships across multiple teams and seniority levels to deliver a collaborative working environment. Experience working with 3rd party vendors would be a bonus!
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Experience working in Broadcast / OTT / Streaming, particularly in a live / real-time environment
- Knowledge of Video Quality Analytics
- Video Transport knowledge eg Contribution / Error Protection
- Experience with Orchestration
- Any exposure to VOD / CDN or Ad Insertion
- Experience driving Continuous Improvement
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.