What's your new role about?
Are you interested in helping change and shape the way customers watch live sport? Are you passionate about broadcast technology and how the platforms link to deliver a seamless customer experience? If so, then our Broadcast Platform Engineer role could be the perfect next step for you!
You will join the Broadcast Platform team and have the end-to-end visibility and understanding across DAZN’s entire live video workflow. In your varied role, working from signal acquisition to CDN delivery, you will have the opportunity to scope new workflows and make improvements to existing ones with our external parties. You will be key in helping to shape the ever-evolving technology selection and deployments facilitating DAZN’s growth. Your enthusiasm will drive the adoption of best practice across broadcast teams, maximising consistency in this fast paced business.
Take your Broadcast experience and interest in OTT delivery to a new level with the DAZN Broadcast Platform Engineering team!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Identifying, actioning and completing technical improvements across the broadcast platforms
- Act as a key technical conduit for third party OTT platforms
- Process and workflow improvement across teams, influencing externals to benefit DAZN’s evolving requirements
- Device utilisation and capacity modelling
- Influencing project requirements and driving acceptance criteria
- Deep diving technical issues with relevant teams and fault trend analysis to mitigate and improve for continual service improvement
- Stakeholder management during and post incident
- Ensuring pertinent documentation is relevant and provided
- Communicating key changes and information across the broadcast teams
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Deep knowledge of OTT Delivery
- Understanding of Public Cloud eg AWS / Azure / Google Cloud
- Knowledge of Encoding and Distribution
- Great communicator, tailored for all levels of technical ability and understanding
- A track record of building relationships across multiple teams and seniority levels to deliver a collaborative working environment. Experience working with 3rd party vendors would be a bonus!
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Experience working in Broadcast / OTT / Streaming, particularly in a live / real-time environment
- Knowledge of Video Quality Analytics
- Video Transport knowledge eg Contribution / Error Protection
- Experience with Orchestration
- Any exposure to VOD / CDN or Ad Insertion
- Experience driving Continuous Improvement
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work to indulge your passion for Broadcast Media. We are at the cutting edge of streaming technology, allowing us to deliver sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that is pushing the boundaries of Broadcast. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work that they produce. If you like solving technical problems and being part of new and complex ideas then this is the place to be. We have a Broadcast community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com