What's your new role about?
We are looking for an individual to join our MCR team based in Leeds. You will need to be able to work in a challenging environment ensuring our live operations are uninterrupted and run smoothly in line with the terms of our SLA’s. Our work is mission critical, we are on the front line of the company’s global content ingest, pulling in sporting content from across the globe for use on multiple platforms. Our schedules follow global sport calendars, so this position requires the candidate to work days, nights, weekends and public holidays on a shift basis. The ideal candidate will need to prove their ability to work in a busy broadcast environment.
You will join a close-knit team that values the desire to learn over previous experience (though both are ideal). We regularly promote internally so this is a wonderful place to start in your DAZN career. We are also proud that despite the workload, we try and keep a relatively relaxed atmosphere in the MCR. There’s always someone at the kettle, ensuring you’re kept well hydrated during a busy yet fun filled shift in the MCR!
If the above seems like a good fit – we’d love to meet you for an interview.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Management of IP contribution circuits.
- Complete routing and switching of events based on internal booking system.
- Providing first line support for any issues that arise.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on a semi-regular basis.
- Basic understanding of broadcast procedures and processes.
- Ability to work as a member of a close-knit team.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of IP protocols and networking.
- Knowledge of satellite delivery, decrypting and decoding.
- Experience in use of broadcast equipment such as SA, IRDs, AV / RF routers etc.
- Prior experience working within an MCR environment.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.