What's your new role about?
Have you operated in complex Ad Operations businesses, with a focus on sales enablement whilst managing a truly international team?
Well then you sound like the perfect person for this role.
Our new Head of Ad Delivery will manage a growing global team of 9 to support DAZNs next phase ad revenue growth with a solution-first mindset. This is a key operational appointment reporting into the SVP Media Operations based in London and has a global remit.
In this role you’ll oversee all aspects of advertising delivery across all regions DAZN operates in. Ideally, you’ll bring previous experience working in a live broadcast or OTT environment to understand the ins and outs of our product. The core focus of this role is to manage, support and evolve the global Ad Operations team. You will demonstrate a proactive, forward thinking approach to ensure we deliver on all campaigns and projects to the highest standard. You think and act solutions driven, are comfortable in managing a multicultural and global team and thrive in an entrepreneurial and ever-growing environment.
Ideally you will have knowledge and experience working across various systems within digital broadcasting including : Ad Insertion (SSAI & CSAI) , Ad Serving (e.g. Google Ad Manager, Freewheel), DMP, Order Management (e.g. Salesforce), Asset Management (e.g. Peach & Adstream) , Broadcast Management (e.g. Mediagenix, Wideorbit, Landmark).
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Responsible for the delivery of all ad ops campaigns, including but not limited to quality control, trafficking, troubleshooting, reporting, optimization, capacity planning and management and accurate billing
- Management of global Ad Operations team with hub offices in London, New York, Munich, Milan, Madrid and Tokyo
- Bring ‘can do’ attitude to the team, provide support, outline career progression paths, create structure within the team that builds motivation and encourages ideation.
- Keep on top of industry trends in OTT & broadcast advertising and ad operations
- Ensuring good relationships with internal global sales, compliance, editorial, technology and product departments including development of ad operations SLA and issue resolution and escalation processes
- Departmental planning and budgeting including headcount, supporting technologies, and training requirements
- Act as departmental point of escalation for troubleshooting campaigns and provide technical support to external and internal clients to resolve any issues and develop a plan for the prevention of the same issues
- Ensure the Ad Ops team maintains strong capacity planning capabilities and provides the Leadership Team with up-to-date regular analysis and forecasting.
- Continually work to improve working practices to ensure efficient trafficking and best in class delivery
- Ensure that campaigns are launched on time, that campaign performance is adequately monitored, and any performance issues are communicated to the Sales team in a timely manner
- Manage the operational implementation of new ad products, in partnership with Product Innovation team, including designing and implementing test environments, allocating resources, identifying and resolving resource challenges and ensuring that new products only go live with appropriate delivery capabilities in place
- Liaise with teams responsible for Inventory & Yield Management, Planning and Business Intelligence to ensure open flow of information and data to better understand performance, optimize campaigns, manage resources accordingly, and to achieve Yield targets.
- Work with Ad Technology team to structure technical support requirements and meet needs of global teams as landscape develops
- Frequently review tools used by Ad Operations team to maximize performance and make recommendations for change with supporting business plans and budgets.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience and at least 3+ years building and managing an Ad Operations team in a digital or OTT environment
- You’ll be an Ad Operations leader with a strong digital or broadcast pedigree
- Deep understanding of the digital advertising eco-system, including deep knowledge of video and programmatic landscapes
- Experience managing a global team as well as leveraging outsourced Ad Ops resources
- Proven ability to grow teams and develop a culture of operational excellence
- Ability to clearly communicate complex and technical issues to variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Expert with leading ad servers including Google Ad Manager and strong industry knowledge of Ad Operations environment.
- Experience with order management tools like Salesforce and analytical tools.
- Confident with overseeing traffickers and managing technically-led Ad Operations team in order to maximise efficiencies and reduce response times
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Broadcaster/OTT experience an advantage
- Knowledge of programmatic and commercial SSPs as well as DMP platforms.
- Knowledge of global Ad Operations markets including DAZN hub office locations useful
- Excellent industry contact list
- Additional language skills besides English
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme and more.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.