What's your new role about?
As the Rights Account Executive for DAZN Spain, you will play a crucial role supporting the global rights team, with a local responsibility to maximize the value of our sports media rights investments in Spain.
You will have experience working in a team environment and supporting multiple people across the business. You will be efficient and assertive with a can-do attitude.
You will have a good understanding of the varying functions within a sports media business, with specific knowledge of media rights negotiations. You will work with our rights holder partners across Spain in order to ensure the successful addition and activation of all content on the DAZN platform.
You will develop a good understanding of the right holder communities that engage with DAZN content and will seek to understand DAZN’s relationships with the key influencers and channels within these groups. Given the global nature of the DAZN business and UK-based HQ, speaking English is essential in addition to the local language - Spanish.
You will build strong rapport with external rights holders and supporting functions at DAZN HQ in London, working collaboratively to deliver team goals to maximum effect.
Reporting regularly and working closely with your line manager for guidance and collaborative project success.
We are an international company and your English CV is required during the application.
Please send your CV and any supporting documents in English – many thanks!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Learn and understand core functionalities of DAZN’s rights acquisition process
- Provide day-to-day support for all DAZN rights and commercial tasks and projects
- Analysing and profiling rights acquisition targets in Spanish market, working alongside local and global Rights Managers to understand upcoming opportunities
- Work closely with Rights Managers and the Central Strategy Team, to undertake industry and competitor analysis and understand market dynamics, presenting findings back to the wider team on a regular basis
- Keep up to date with sports industry trends and maintain in-depth knowledge of the media landscape
- Clear and assertive communication with internal/external stakeholder’s including meeting organization etc.
- Create and maintain strong account relationships with Rights Holders as specified by Line Manager
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 2/3+ years’ experience in the account management of sports or broadcast industries.
- Passionate interest and understanding of the sports, broadcast and new media landscapes.
- Solid understanding of the sports rights and media landscape.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced growth environment.
- Self-starter attitude with strong willingness and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Languages – Spanish (native), English (Business fluency)
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Understanding of global sports rights holder requirements in the Spanish market
- Experience working in a similar high growth / scale up business
- Experience working in an international environment / global organisation
SPANISH BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- We’re currently working on our benefits package, but this will include 30 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
- Department: Commercial & Business Development
- Internal Job Title: Rights Account Executive
- Reports To (title): Senior Rights Manager
- Career Level: CL2
- Country and Location: Spain, Madrid
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: NO
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com