What's your new role about?
As a DBA at DAZN you will work within the Database department and assist with the security, integrity, performance, availability and recoverability of databases, servers and related systems. You’ll have the opportunity to be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as taking ownership of troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
DAZN are pioneering a live and on demand streaming platform that is transforming the world of sports. As a DBA, we will give you the freedom to design the database architecture for a database that supports 1000’s of globally distributed concurrent users worldwide. DAZN will welcome your understanding of the continuously changing database technologies and will encourage you to bring in the latest technology solutions, introduce fresh processes and set new standards to help us innovate and improve our database performance.
Your input into the security, integrity, performance, availability and recoverability across our Database Estate will play a huge role in the technical delivery of DAZN, bringing live and on demand sports via an OTT/HD streaming platform to fans all over the world!
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Working on the design, implementation, deployment, administration and maintenance across our Database Estate (on permisis / Cloud) across multiple database platforms (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Netezza, Teradata, Vertica, Redshift , Snowflake etc.)
- Work alongside the Data Engineering, Architecture and Data Analyst / Scientist teams to help ensure the successful implementation of projects with internal and external clients
- Designing and implementing databases using industry standard methodologies and presenting new ideas to stakeholders
- Having technical hands-on roles in the implementation of the solution
- Identifying and initiating quality improvement measures and managing disruption free migrations and system shutdowns
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THESE AREAS?
- Experience in administration and management of RDBMS Estate
- Replication and clustering techniques knowledge
- Experience maintaining database performance, integrity, replication, upgrades, migration and security across the database portfolio
- Experience optimising queries
- Database architecture and design knowledge
- Experience with ETL/ELT (e.g Airflow) workflow management along with the ability to write, tune SQL queries desired to help you collaborate with our Data Engineers
- Understanding of AWS Platforms and Services
- Knowledge of ETL/ELT (e.g Airflow) workflow management along with the ability to write, tune SQL queries desired to help you collaborate with our Data Engineers
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.