What's your new role about?
Are you a future strategy expert keen to be involved with the continued scale-up of a sports media business in Germany, Austria and Switzerland? 😊
As a Strategy Intern in our local strategy team, you’ll be deeply involved in reviewing, defining and ensuring the execution of major strategic projects that span across all business verticals (e.g. subscription, advertising, rights acquisition, revenue innovation, programming, operations etc.).
Your wide-ranging remit will include business partnering and an opportunity to learn from the senior management team in DACH. It’s an exciting role and an amazing opportunity – with one headline goal: to help us in ensuring we focus our efforts in the most effective way to maximise the base of subscribers that are actively engaging with the DAZN service in DACH.
This role is based on-site in Munich
Benefits include access to DAZN, 30 days’ annual leave, annual performance-related bonus, pension contributions up to 3%, a family-friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Intern Strategy, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Develop a deep understanding and knowledge of the local market environment and commercial landscape, encompassing broadcasters, OTT players, platforms, and content partners
- Support the Head of Strategy (DACH) in setting the agenda for strategic projects: commercially led (e.g. recommending pricing & proposition strategy), partner-led (e.g. telco-partner strategy), innovation-led (e.g. developing DAZN’s Web3.0 strategy), engagement led (e.g. defining measures for specific customer cohorts), or sports led (e.g. rights portfolio evaluation)
- Provide a supporting role for all key strategic projects, keeping track of all administrative work and ensuring key deadlines are adhered to
- Learn how to build a robust business case, KPIs and ROI for each newly initiated “strategic project” – based on holistic, cross-functional and profound problem solving and recommendations
- Ensure customer-centric approach is lived and breathed across a wide range of functional teams (e.g. subscription, advertising, rights acquisition, revenue innovation, programming, operations etc.) and key strategic initiatives are ultimately executed across teams
- Assist the local strategy team in delivering revenue-focused business reporting to the local and global senior leadership team
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Ongoing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration or economics preferably with a focus in strategy/finance/business development or a comparable field of study
- Fluency in German and English, both verbal and written
- Analytical thinking and structured working methods as well as a solution-oriented and pragmatic approach to solve problems
- Fundamental understanding and knowledge of the local market environment and commercial landscape
- Good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in the sports media and adjacent industries
Even better if you have:
- Experience accessing and working with data through business intelligence/analytics software such as Tableau / Looker / PowerBI
- Ideally first practical experience in tech, media and/or sports industry
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.