What's your new role about?
Being involved in deciding which new sports rights DAZN aims to acquire sounds just like the perfect work experience for you?
Are you a future strategy expert keen to be part of the continuing growth of a global sports media business in Germany, Austria and Switzerland?
Within your internship as a Strategy Executive in DACH, you’ll support in reviewing, defining and ensuring the execution of strategic projects that span across the key verticals (Programming, Rights Acquisition, Marketing, etc.).
Your broad remit will include business partnering to the DACH strategy team and management teams across a number of key areas, such as Data Science & Insights and Finance, and supporting in commercial problem solving with the overarching objective to maximize the base of subscribers that actively use the DAZN service in DACH.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Develop a solid understanding and knowledge of the local market and commercial landscape; encompassing broadcasters, OTT players, Platforms and Content Partners.
- Work closely with the strategy team to support in identifying commercial opportunities and execute local plans in line with DAZN’s overall strategy.
- Ensure that novel insights with a strategic focus are communicated, understood and implemented cross-functionally within the DACH business.
- Support the overall strategic business reporting, such as assisting in the creation of monthly performance and planning reports to the Central Executive Board.
- Drive your own data insight-driven project from start (corroborating data) to finish (creating, implementing and reviewing actions cross-functionally that are derived from a data insight).
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration or economics preferably with a focus in strategy/finance/business development or a comparable field of study
- Analytical thinking and structured working methods as well as a solution-oriented and pragmatic approach to solve problems.
- Ability to quickly grasp and delve into complex issues in a fast paced, high-impact environment.
- Very good knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel.
- Self-motivated and good interpersonal skills to build relationships with stakeholders and peers.
- Fluent in English.
- A passion for sports!
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Writing a thesis with us is a plus.
- Experience working with business intelligence/analytics software e.g. Tableau
- Ideally first practical experience in media and/or sports industry
- Reports To: Head of Strategy DACH
- Career Level: Intern
- Country and Location: Munich, Germany
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: No
GERMANY BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 30 days’ annual leave, matched pension contributions of 3% of annual salary, company festivities, fresh fruit, coffee and other refreshments.
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2500 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.