What's your new role about?
This role will predominately be assisting the playout operational team in the delivery of live sports content to consumers on multiple platforms. You must be passionate about broadcast, IP based media technology and working in live television. You also will be able to demonstrate previous knowledge or experience of streaming media technology, broadcast systems, contribution & distribution encoding technology and understanding of satellite and fibre contributions.
The role will be suited for Network Engineers looking to build upon their skills in an environment heavily focused on video broadcast or broadcast engineers wanting to improve their knowledge of IP delivered video. Building on experience in this role can provide future progression opportunities within the wider engineering department.
As part of a fast-growing company we would like you to have a hands-on approach to all elements of the work and will want to be part of an enthusiastic team that are constantly striving to improve and develop both individually and as a company. The Transmission Support engineers will deal with broadcast IP signal distribution to clients, ensure quality and continuity of the service across multiple channels. The transmission support engineers will act as first line support for equipment and proactively troubleshoot issues and escalate to other teams as required.
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Monitoring of the transmission playout systems and associated systems.
- Manage and monitor live broadcast IP feeds.
- Monitoring and trouble shooting of channel outputs to CDN partners
- Liaison with ingest, MCR, encoding and 2nd line support teams.
- Provide regular maintenance of broadcast playout and related production equipment.
- Monitoring the live encoding and video transcoding equipment for file ingest into the playout equipment.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- You will be able to demonstrate experience as an engineer in an IT/Media based environment.
- Windows server support and networking knowledge.
- Knowledge of broadcast playout systems including GFX, logo and text insertion.
- Broadcast contribution encoding techniques and high level fault analysis.
- Experience in management of IP transport stream contribution (Multicast, Unicast Networks).
- Awareness of current OTT encoding technologies.
- A solid background in satellite and fibre contribution signals.
- Understanding of various tools (Dataminer, ScheduAll, Transport Stream analysis tools).
IT'D BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Coding and software development experience.
- Knowledge of ‘Glue’ Infrastructure.
- A working background with Cloud and virtualisation technologies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems.
- Understanding of network technologies i.e. Switches, Routers.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.