What's your new role about?
Are you interested in helping change and shape the way customers watch live sport? Are you passionate about broadcast technology and leading a team? If so, then our Broadcast Engineering Supervisor could be the perfect next step for you!
This role will predominately be heading up the shift-based broadcast engineering team, acting as a point of technical reference and escalation, working across the broadcast platforms, contributing technical and operational improvements to process and workflows.
Working alongside other engineering support teams, systems engineering and broadcast applications teams this role will complement the design process in creating systems that are supportable once in service. In this role, you will help define and deliver the system monitoring requirements across the support teams to give assurance our technology is available and resilient.
This is a great opportunity to use your knowledge and experience of streaming media technology, broadcast systems, contribution & distribution encoding technology and understanding of satellite and fibre communications. You will be key in helping to shape the ever-evolving technology deployments facilitating DAZN’s growth. Your enthusiasm and negotiation abilities will drive the adoption of best practice across broadcast teams, maximising consistency.
Take your industry experience and abilities to a new level with the DAZN Engineering team!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Drive best practice across broadcast streaming and VOD technologies
- Authorise, schedule and implement broadcast infrastructure maintenance and upgrades
- Develop system monitoring for support teams
- Incident reporting and stake holder management
- Honing of current systems and workflows
- Driving a ‘can-do’ culture and developing staff abilities
- System design and driving the support requirements early into the design process
- Identify, reporting and justifying system improvements through data analysis
- Liaison across all department to facilitate company growth but ensuring resilience and operational simplification
- Supporting key events
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Great communicator, tailored for all levels of technical ability and understanding
- Keeping calm under pressure with the ability to work anti-social hours to give support during key live events or incidents.
- Broadcast signal acquisition, live streaming and VOD delivery media knowledge
- Broadcast IP networking knowledge
- Server maintenance and support
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Previous team leading ability
- Live event experience
- System monitoring design and deployment experience
- Ticketing system experience and support task organisation
- Cloud broadcast streaming experience
- Financial awareness
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work to indulge your passion for Broadcast Media. We are at the cutting edge of streaming technology, allowing us to deliver sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that is pushing the boundaries of Broadcast. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work that they produce. If you like solving technical problems and being part of new and complex ideas then this is the place to be. We have a Broadcast community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com